SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a coolant hose pop on me in sf (and i live 45 min away), Im not quite sure, but i think its the hose located really close to the knock sensor, its about an inchand a half O.D. and about6-7 inches long , right below the intake manifold, and a real biotch to get off, any body have any experience getting this thing off and on??

·
I like the boost!
419 Posts
edsclassic said:
I had a coolant hose pop on me in sf (and i live 45 min away), Im not quite sure, but i think its the hose located really close to the knock sensor, its about an inchand a half O.D. and about6-7 inches long , right below the intake manifold, and a real biotch to get off, any body have any experience getting this thing off and on??
Yep. If you've never replaced it you'll probably need to take off the upper manifold to get at it.

When I assemble my motors I put the clamps on facing down so that I can get to them from underneath.

I have had luck in the past getting it off from underneath with a small 1/4" ratchet and a 10mm socket. Or you can just cut and peel from underneath. same tools needed though. Probably a good flat head too.
Just take a chunk of it to the auto parts store and buy a hose the same diameter.

Buy some cheap ramps! Wal-Mart!

Hope this Helps,

Rob

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never thought about taking the upper manifold off, but have u ever reinstalled this hose from underneath? it seems crazy difficult..... lol, thanks alot for the feedback..... ed

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, yeah, the car is currently at a shop in san fran and Im afraid to think how long its gonna take the mechanic at 75 an hour....

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
We just did it when we did a head swap...
It wasn't fun... but it is possible without really removing anything as long as the hoses clams are facing a way you can get to them...

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts