SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hey Spudnex, I may have mine for sell here in a week or two, going turbo. I have had it on the car a total of maybe 3 weeks. Its the newest generation of Hotshot too. These guys are correct when they say use liquid wrench, I used something of the same called FREE ALL, but they 2 in the same. If your cat bolts are shitty, be prepared to impact those bad boys off, I had to!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, 91 Cams, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm ready to get hot shot headers for my 98 200sx SER. I would like to do the install work myself. Do these headers come with everthing you need? Any install tips would be helpful too.

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Well no offense but you should find some before you start asking tips on installs. Main reason is by the time you get them you might not remember. 2 words, liquid wrench. It'll make the install much easier. I'd be more than happy to spill all my info on my install when the time comes.

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
When you do the install soak the cat bolts with liquid wrench!(took me three hrs to get one off), and you will want to remove the old header bracket thats bolted to the front dogbone motor mount.

------------------
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

[This message has been edited by 96 all motor SeR (edited 08-28-2001).]

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah, I went down the cat bolt road a few weekends ago when I installed my short shifter.

I thought that someone posted a similar subject not to long ago, and there was some mention of seals (something copper maybe). I guess I'm showing my inexperience by not knowing this stuff. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
You'll need 2 copper gaskets. When I bought my hotshot header it came with 3 copper gaskets. Ask when you order the header.

You'll need to replace the gasket between the engine and the header. I bought a gasket scraper and some spray called gasket remover.
You'll need a new gasket for use between the two pieces of the header.
You'll have a good gasket between the header and the cat. But if the header comes with a new one you might as well use it.

I used PB Blaster on all the nuts and bolts.

DO you have a torque wrench that can do 27 and 35 ft-lbs?

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Hey projectSE-R, how much you want for the header?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Well, considering its been on the car for less than 600 miles, Id have to get at least 300 for it. But that is when I get to get it out of there when the new engine arrives. We are still working out the details on the delivery.

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, 91 Cams, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I'll buy it from you.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sounds goos Eric, I will keep ya posted on the progress of me getting this engine. Supossedly the story is that there is a 96 200 car in cali that was rolled. It is supposed to have the DET with upgraded turbo and 2 NOS tanks in the trunk. If everything is what I was first told it was then you are looking at one very happy ricer!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Did you use the Nissan gasket between the engine and the header? I've heard their is an aftermarket copper gasket but that it's not really necessary and offers no advantages over the OEM part. I've also heard of some people using copper Permatex with the OEM gasket?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I used the aftermarket copper gasket from Mr. Gasket. Performance Pluss sells them for about 25, worth it to me!

------------------

·
Registered
241 Posts
Jacen - Thanks for the info. No, I don't currently have a torque wrench, but I'm sure I can find one.

ProjectSER - Did you use the aftermarket gaskets because the headers didn't come with any? Or, was it an upgrade thing?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I used the Mr. Gasket copper gasket from Performance Pluss, the header came with the copper gasket that goes from primary to secondary and I reused my cat gasket with some sealer. Works great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts