SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had a problem with the clearance area for the downpipe? It pushes right up against my battery so the 2nd coupler and pipe(from left to right, off the throttle body) cannot sit flush, which causes a disturbance in my air stream. I've gotten a check engine light twice in the last two weeks because of it.

Any suggestions?

------------------
'95 200sx SE-R
- Hotshot CAI

2000 Eclipse GT
AIM: GTS24v

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
yeah, i had that prob w/ my HS CAI, but i just pushed the battery as far towards the passenger side as possible and it barely rubs. what kind of batt do you have? maybe downsize...

stiletto

99 Sentra SE platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, custom b-pipe, arospeed muff, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
I slotted the holes in my battery tray.

Chris
92 SE-R

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Um, thats probably not significant enough to cost you any HP.

Move the battery as far towards the passenger side of the car as possible. The small OEM nissan batterys are the best. If you have a big aftermarket one from Autozone or whatever get the Nissan one if you have the money.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies....in need of a JWT ECU

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've already cut into the tray. The problem isn't with the tray, but with the battery itself pushing against the downpipe. Unless the entire battery tray can be moved, then the battery isn't going anywhere. It sits up against the downpipe, and pushes it off line w/ the throttle body already. I can't move anything. Nothing will budge.

Looks like I'll be looking for a smaller battery. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts