SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hotshot gen 6 header fit?

Thinking about the new hotshot gen 6 header but heard there might be some issues with the fitting. It is a b13 with AC. I heard that there might be a clearance issue with cars that have AC. Car is lowerd also. Any feedback is great. Thanks!!

Craig "JUN" Damaschi
1991 SE-R
1992 300ZX TT
2003 Altima SE V6 (wifes car)
1996 nissan truck
:)

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
have not heard of this yet?i thought the gen 6's bends were like that to avoid the a.c. lines

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've never heard of any fitment issues...in all the posts I've read everyone's been nothing but completely satisfied...really makes me wish I had the $$$ to pick one up...oh well...my SSAutoChrome will do for now...better than the POS stock manifold!

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Wow. Is the CT Mafia back in action? :D

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
mine didnt clear the A/C, but it did need some minor "clearancing" on the crossmember of my P10. it cleared by about 1mm, but when i would decel it would rattle, so i ground about 1/2" off of it. the P10's crossmember is wider than the classic on though. other people have put it on their B13s and haven't had it rub directly like it did on Serban's car. you will need to either bend that line or get a custom one made.

·
Registered
152 Posts
some issue fitments also, but on my b14 ser. a/c line removed, was binding to much, where eng. vibration would eat away the line. cleared the cross member except the metal piece above it, had to grind to clear. keep in mind as i remember mike kojima was testing these headers on his race car and specified "race only header". performance wise= :biggthump

·
SE-R BUM
1,014 Posts
Setzer said:
Craig, Bob L says you are a ***, keep the AEBS....
ill take it if you dont want it

·
Registered
424 Posts
which is better the fuji or aebs...?

vince

·
Registered
862 Posts
I had fitment issues on my B13 with AC.

Upper AC line bumped up against the primaries, the lower hard line coming off the compressor was in the way, and I had to file down one of the bolts on the passenger-side fan.

I used it as an excuse to get rid of the AC :) but it wouldn't have been too hard to keep it. Just bend the lines out of the way.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
GUAM'S G20 said:

vince
depends.

AEBS makes good power, but doesnt clear ****, so it won't make power for long because the bottom two primaries will be smooshed to half their original diameter.

Fujitsubo makes pretty good power, perfect fit/clearance.

HS Gen VI makes excellent power, clears the road (though not AC and one car's crossmember).

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
well, my bud chriscar dyno'd his VVL today and put down 172 WHP with the aebs. his mods are 3" C/B no cat. VVLtrain has the fuji, and put down 181 with 2.5" C/B, CAT :eek: and res. draw your own conclusions :squint:

GUAM'S G20 said:

vince

·
Registered
708 Posts
Rob said:
well, my bud chriscar dyno'd his VVL today and put down 172 WHP with the aebs. his mods are 3" C/B no cat. VVLtrain has the fuji, and put down 181 with 2.5" C/B, CAT :eek: and res. draw your own conclusions :squint:
What ECU is chris running?

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
l train has the jwt ecu..his car runs hard buddy..ive seen him get on it on the parkway and it moves

1 - 20 of 28 Posts