SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my header in today, and Hotshot's quality seems to be second to none. There is a 1/4 inch of weld missing around the outside of the far left pipe on the header. I regret not buying from STILLEN. I called up Hotshot at 2:30 PM PT and there is no answer. I left a message and have yet to recieve a return phone call. Let's just say I am not very happy right now.

------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake
STILLEN Performance Exhaust
Hotshot Racing Header (8/4/01)
Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

[This message has been edited by Chris93SER (edited 08-02-2001).]

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I always hear good things about Hotshot (and AEBS) headers around here. Stillen headers usually gets capped on. I too will order a Hotshot G4 header soon. Hope this doesn't happen to me.

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
Sportline Springs, PR CAI, HKS Exhaust

Temporarily using a dry 50 shot nitrous system. Don't know if I should keep it.

http://photos.yahoo.com/sr20ser

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
"second to none" means "the best".. think about it.

bummer about your header though. is it one of the new G4 headers? you could probably get it welded for 10 bucks if you don't want to hassle replacing it, but for a brand new part i'd probably have it replace personally.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was using sarcasm when saying "second to none." I overreated before with that statement. It was a mistake by Hotshot, and I shouldn't have gotten so upset. Someone called me back and was very upset that the Header made it through their quality control with a missing weld. He sent out a new header with 2-day shipping, and apologized. I was having it put in on Saturday, but that's not going to happen now. That's OK though. Nissan sold me the wrong manifold studs and nuts (I bought some extras), so it's better that I get that corrected and have it installed next week.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scarpa:
"second to none" means "the best".. think about it.

bummer about your header though. is it one of the new G4 headers? you could probably get it welded for 10 bucks if you don't want to hassle replacing it, but for a brand new part i'd probably have it replace personally.
</font>
------------------
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake
Hotshot Racing Header

G

·
THAT SUCKS!!!
If it makes you feel any better, I ordered from Pacesetter and the damn header didnt even fit!! AAAARRRGGHH!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I don't know why it came like that I guess someone had a bad day when they built that header. When mine came in it looked great and the finish was shiny. I'm sorry to hear it came like that, but for yoru trouble i'm sure they'll give you something or compensate for the trouble..

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER
http://photos.yahoo.com/nyceser

·
Side by side through 9
719 Posts
WhiteSER wrote: "Just dont send back the defective one. Take it to a welder and get it welded, then you can sell it."

Are you trying to be the Village Idiot around here?

HotShot is being very gracious by sending him a header 2nd day without him having to send it back first. I hope you run a business WhiteSER and get screwed each time you make an honest mistake. At least Chris had the decency to post about what HotShot did to resolve the problem quickly versus most of the whining that goes on on the 'net.

Tom

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
don't feel bad Chris, my headers' EGR thingy was not perfect. i had to cut the tube and get a custom fabricated stainless steel braided teflon tube with the EGR ends welded on. it only cost 25 bones, and it looks cool, but for about a week i sounded like a harley davidson chopper!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I would never rip off Hotshot like that, or anyone else for that matter. I appreciate the fact that they apologized and sent me out a new Header with 2-day shipping. I will return the defective header to them, as I believe in being honest. Additionally, they really want to see the defect, so this will not happen again in the future. I think that they did the most they could in order to correct the problem. That is all I could possibly ask for from them.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gsr20det:
WhiteSER wrote: "Just dont send back the defective one. Take it to a welder and get it welded, then you can sell it."

HotShot is being very gracious by sending him a header 2nd day without him having to send it back first. I hope you run a business WhiteSER and get screwed each time you make an honest mistake. At least Chris had the decency to post about what HotShot did to resolve the problem quickly versus most of the whining that goes on on the 'net.

Tom
</font>

------------------
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake
Hotshot Racing Header

G

·
I had the same problem. But i had a leak in the secondary when it went 2-1. THey were very good about replacing it. They shipped me a new one, next day air. Dont worry.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gsr20det:

Tom
</font>
Uhhhh... Dude, I think you need to chill, Alex was only playing around. Stick around a bit longer (I see you only have 10 posts) and you'll see how things roll around here. No need to get all pissy and start calling people idiots without getting to know them. Chill out.

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

[This message has been edited by nsracer (edited 08-03-2001).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts