SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crack in the y-weld! It's not a problem, just a nuissance. Anyone else had this problem? I've had the header on for a couple of years now... Maybe it's time for the latest generation? Is the latest gen HS Header any better than the one from a couple of years ago?

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Mine cracked a couple years ago, and I had it welded up. Right after that, it developed another crack, but it wasn't leaking air. Been that way ever since.

·
Registered
496 Posts
i knew you guys were cracked..
Jason a muffler shop can put a little weld on it and its good as new.

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I'm not too worried about it. I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to get the newest one if it's any better (although my current one has been one of my "Kickass Mods").

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure which generation... I bought it in early '98. What are they doing to make them better than they already are?

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
grrrrr, I got a sig now, oh boy.....

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I'm not exactly sure. The newest G4 has something done with the collector.

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may as well stick with mine until I blow it up then!

------------------
JWT ECU
JWT Cams
JWT POP Adapted to:
PRI CAI
HS Header
2 1/2" Pipe in CAT's Place
GReddy Cat Back

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
You should just get it welded. It's really easy, I fixed mine with about 1.5 hrs labor and $20 for the welding. Then you won't be down on power at least until you can afford a newer one.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
One thing to think about is the current backorder of the HS headers. Ive heard many people having trouble getting one quickly. If you can find one good if not what i would do is start putting back a few dollars a day or something to save for a new one. Maybe by the time the G4's come out you can pay cash and/or get it quickly.

------------------
Thats my opinion and I could be wrong

93 classic
Aztec Red, Automatic, POP, STB, AD22VF's, Pirelli P4000's

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Um actually, Jim Wolf had a ton of the Hotshots last time I checked. I ordered mine a few months ago, I called and was like "so I hear you don't have any hotshot headers" and Jim was like "um actually we have plenty"

If you want a Hotshot get one through them. Expensive though, $420 shipped.

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hotshot mid-pipe bolts, Real fix?

Hey kids! :cool:

I know the problem of Hotshot mid-pipe bolts to work themselves loose over time very well. Mine actually strip the threads so I can't crank them down anymore. And this time I need to replace all 3 of them at once. I was just wondering if anyone knew a better or longer lasting solution to this problem. Searched around but no one ever really posted a better solution.

Maybe replacing the gasket and doubling them up so you don't have to crank the bolts down as hard leaving some room for expansion? Should I replace the gasket while I have all 3 off anyway?

Is there maybe a better rated bolt combo that deals with the heat expansion better? Ti bolts or something?

Like to get it buttoned up while the good weather is here. I have inspection in april and in the past my dealer has cranked them down for me to pass (he is a forum member :cool: ) But all 3 bolts would be too much of a favor to expect.

I'd like to get bit more time out of my gen 4 B4 I take the plunge to the gen 6 SS so no smart ass 'buy a new one' answers :tongue:

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
My header is cracked too...Afraid to take it off, I think I might break off some studs in the head - muffler shop wants $100 to do it...bleh!

and damn, this thread is old.

·
fight on
473 Posts
lol i was about to correct everyone saying THE 6TH GEN IS THE NEW ONE YOU LOSERS NOT THE 4TH but then i saw the date and i was like :confused: anyway yeah my friend has the same problem about those bolts. he doesn't know what to do either. but i have a 5th gen and i haven't had any problems like this *knock on wood* :biggthump

·
Se-riously???
677 Posts
^^^:rofl:

I have a crack in my Gen3/Gen3 and have used JB Weld to try and fix it. Kids, don't do it, it burns right off and smells worse than a crematorium! Weld it or buy a Gen6 stainless.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts