SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my second se-r it has a hotshot header I'm not sure what generation it is. It has a crack in the 3-4 joint and looks like it has been welded still leaking from under weld. can you buy just the top header part or do I need to buy another whole header has anyone had trouble with them cracking? Should I take it try to weld again? Also leaks between upper and lower pieces gasket blown. does it take a stock gasket or do I have to get it from hotshot , do they make a copper gasket? also oxygen sensor is put where it only reads #2 cylinder is this right seems kinda stupid.I'm trying to sort out all the things the previous owner had done. the leak stills sounds cool almost like a turbo spooling .....yuuuummmm!!! that would be nice ...Boost ......gotta have it.Does anyone have hotshot phone number. I cant get to website . firewall or something.

[Edited by skyliner (10-03-2000 at 09:28 PM).]

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
When I bought my NX in February it had a cracked 1st gen hotshot header. I took it off and had the crack welded for 20 bucks and it's worked fine since then. I intend to get the latest hotshot header eventually but it's low on my list.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts