SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order with Hotshot for some 4/2/1 headers nearly 4 months ago, they didn't want to make them yet, so I pulled the order. My tuner gets them two days ago, so today, I figure, hell why not? It has been one big pain in the neck getting those things in. Are they supposed to come with bolts, gaskets and a plug for the second sensor hole near the O2 sensor? I didn't get any of these, if that's the case. As a result, my car is grounded in my driveway for the evening, breathing through its primaries, and I'm here instead of racing. These headers better be good! I'm a bit pissed at not only the timeliness of Hotshot in their production, but also with the fact that it seems okay to make the customer fab everything that makes the header stay connected. Anyone else run into this crap?
I'm not about to take those things off again, so I guess I'll have to 1)find a blind guy who runs a smog station and 2)go with whoop-ass gas instead of a turbo. But, hey, no complaints about a direct-port true 100 shot here! 13's on slicks is fine with me!

Be safe,
Ryan

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I was part of a group deal a couple months ago. With the Hotshot header, I got the bolts for the primary to secondary, and 3 copper gaskets. The primary should not have an AIV hole. Hotshot makes two different primaries, one with the hole and one without. I got the wrong one the first time. I called Hotshot, spoke to John, he sent me a new primary and had UPS pick up the box with the old primary the next day. He paid for return shipping. Try calling them. It might take a couple days to get a hold of them, but he was helpful when I did.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I may try that, but I'll have to get the part before I send this one back. I use my car for work which entails about 100 miles fo driving a day. I'll give it a try though, thanks!
ryan

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
dude, I dont know if yours is the same gen. as mine, but I've also got a Hotshot 4-2-1 header. I looked into doing it myself and after a bit of twisting around in my engine bay I said, "to hell with this!!" and took it to my "kick-ass, expensive-as-hell-labor, but damn worth it Nissan Mechanic." He put it in for me for $225 (ouch) but he, too, didnt get the gasket or plug so that is part of the overall price.

To me, it wasnt worth the headache and the $225 on top of what I paid for the header isnt too terribly bad considering its the best thing next to cams that you can bolt on
(and also considering I got the header brand new for $275!).

Just IMHO.

ps. My header is a couple of years old. Has HS or anyone else made a better one? I'm not thinking so but I'm still curious. Like I said, the one I have DOES KICK ASS!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
damn, I didnt have that many problems with stillen :) thats kinda odd. I got everything with my 4-1 header. gaskets, bolts, nuts, stickers, stuffing, and plastic they wrapped it in. even came with a box and some staples. :):):):):):):):):)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We may have got it all figured out. Ben at JWT said that there was supposed to be a hardware package that came with the headers and that they either will bet them to me "next day", or tell me what size bolt will fill the hole and I'll do it myself. Hopefully I can find a bolt that fits, I have to drive to Laguna Seca tomorrow for Skip Barber's Racing school.
Upon talking to my tuner, he said they didn't even have that package in the box OR on an invoice (just got in a hurry, I guess). Anyway, I hope these things haul! Thanks for your recommendations Jacen!

Be safe,
ryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts