SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow... that sucks for me b/c I already started to peice together my own DET kit. Damn, anybody wanna buy the following for $650 shipped?

*-T25 Turbo
*-BBDET Manifold
*-oil and coolant lines/fittings
*-turbo J-pipe
*-heatshields
*-DET BOV
*-DET piping from TB to turbo

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
"Walk tall and carry a big stick..."

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was kidding, but if I was to get an offer I wouldn't sell parts separetly...

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Hey guys,
I just got on hotshot's website and realized that their kit went down from $4000 to $3300!! I might actually get this thing this summer!

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set), Timing changed to 15 degrees

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
I'm starting a turbo project, but I'm going with the F-Max stage 2 kit. Reason being it's tried, tested, and people I've spoken with (turbo geeks) have said good things about it. In all my experiences with both car and non-car related things, you get what you pay for.

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
I could be wrong, but the F-MAX kit seems to need MUCH more modification than the hotshot kit. For most amateurs, it seems the hotshot is the way to go. BTW, do you keep the battery and A/C intact with the F-MAX?? And, I have heard that the piping of F-MAX is more likely to need modification than the hotshot.

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set), Timing changed to 15 degrees

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Nope if you get the standard kit, without 3" downpipes and stuff, the fit and the workmanship of the F-Max is much better.

A 3" downpipe takes a bit to get to fit. F-Max is the way to go by far.

Mike

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Saaby:
I could be wrong, but the F-MAX kit seems to need MUCH more modification than the hotshot kit. For most amateurs, it seems the hotshot is the way to go. BTW, do you keep the battery and A/C intact with the F-MAX?? And, I have heard that the piping of F-MAX is more likely to need modification than the hotshot.

-saaby

</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts