SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just interested to hear the pros and cons on each one. From what've researched they almost identical kits. Both putting out the same 250hp and roughly the same price too I curious to see what your opinions are.

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
F-Max uses a different turbo than the HS. Also the F-Max kit is upgradeable; I'm pretty sure the HS kit isn't.

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Registered
782 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bwilsor:
Just interested to hear the pros and cons on each one. From what've researched they almost identical kits. Both putting out the same 250hp and roughly the same price too I curious to see what your opinions are.

</font>
This is the difference:

FMAX HS
Turbo: T3/T04E T3
Manifold: Log Type Tubular
Injectors: 370cc 370cc
MAF: Stock Stock
Wastegate: Deltagate Deltagate
BOV: HKS Bosch
IC Piping: Painted Chrome
IC: Spearco Core HKS Core
IC Size: 24x6.62x3.5 15x5.5x2.5
Downpipe: 2.5" 2.5"

The FMAX Stage I kit contains these component as does the HS kit. I believe you can upgrade the Deltagate wastegate to a Tial or HKS if you like through FMAX. You can purchase a Tial and upgrade it yourself if you buy the HS kit. The FMAX kit comes with a standard HKS BOV or a Greddy Type "S", I believe you can upgrade to a Greddy Type "R". You would have to purcahse a BOV and have a flange welded onto the HS piping if you wanted to uprgade the BOV. You can also upgrade the Stock MAF and 370cc injectors to the Cobra MAF and MSD 50 lb/hr injectors later on down the road on both kits. This will require JWT to reprogram the ECU to control these components. The FMAX T3/T04E can be upgraded to have a Ball Bearing center section as can the HS T3. I am not too familiar with the specs of the HS T3, but you can upgrade the compressor side to a Super 60 and a Stage III or V turbine w/ a .82 housing later on down the road. The FMAX T3/T04E can be upgraded also. A T3 spec'd for maximum performance can produce 300+ hp, whereas the T3/T04E can make up to 500 hp.

I hope this helps.

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1497569&a=11327630

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
349.6 hp & 301.4 ft/lb @ 19 psi, 13.6 @ 111 mph(Street Tires),12.0 @ 118.77 mph(Slicks), Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (7-9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Sumitomo 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

[This message has been edited by APEXSER (edited 05-22-2001).]

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
The Hotshot kit isn't even available anymore... at least last time I called like a year ago. So it's basically a mute point. You might want to call and confirm for yourself.

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sheabird:
How much is the F-MAX stage one kit, and is it a COMPLETE BOLT ON??? I am starting to save for one.

Thanks, shea
</font>
I research the mailing list and found the price ranges from $3800 to $4500. The kit is a complete bolt-on except for the oil and coolant taps that have to be done.

[This message has been edited by Bwilsor (edited 05-24-2001).]

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
I talked to Import MotorSports in PA today about putting an FMAX Stage I kit on my car and they said they could do it for: $4225+ $450 install.

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
My Page

G

·
Hey ApexSER, I'm thinking about getting a 95'- 97' tranny to put in my 92' with a Pulsar motor. My tranny can't handle the extra power, I had to fix it about six times already. My car runs mid 12s on street tires but i'm always scared that my tranny is going to break. I would like to hear more about how you treated your tranny, give me a e-mail. [email protected]

------------------

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, they still make it special order, but I would get the f-max, I have seen a hotshot kit installed and it is not really good looking imho

1 - 9 of 9 Posts