SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in regards to cams that is,i was wondering how big i can go in my FWD SR20DE with the standard valve train and ecu, i was told 264(or 260 not sure) and 11.2mm lift is this correct?

SSS_Hoon

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Check out JWT's new S5's. those are the biggest that you can go on the stock valve-train. Otherwise if you upgrade your springs and everything you can go fairly large. I would say check JWT's C3's in that case.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have part numbers on the JWT stuff, how about tomei what are they like.
and are these compatabile with standard ECU?

SSS_Hoon

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
almost everything is compatible. the ecu teaches itself to work with the new cams. but...tuning it is what will help. that's where you get every ounce of power and driveability.

just call up JWT and say...I want s5's for $600bucks please :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would call them up except i live in Australia i sent them a email, so 600 us is what about 1100 aus, and how much are the adj cam gears?
how does the ecu learn?

thanx for all the help too.

SSS_Hoon

·
Registered
617 Posts
Actually, with our dollar so strong right now, US$600 is only about AU$800....hmmmm, cheap cams! (Except there will be shipping and possibly duty and GST when they arrive in Australia).

Let us know what you decide on, cams are something i'm considering at the moment.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
cams were my favorite n/a mod. you will not regret getting them! after i got them, i couldn't help but hit redline all of the time :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah the only thing is that there aint that many places over here that deal with the big name brands and i aint got a credit card i can use to buy them with.

the s5's seem ok..

SSS_Hoon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts