SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a classc... how would i go about trying to remove the head unit? do i just straight-up pry the plastic trim around the console? is there any tricks to it?

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
there should be 4 screws one the center consol trim two by the ash tray and two above the stereo then slowly pull off disconet the lighter and switches and vents then you can remove the trim and get at the stereo screws. thats what its like on my NX and i think its the same for the classic, its really easy dont force any thing

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4
ACT clutch on order

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yup....one point, is if you have a 93+ i think. With the little lever between the air vents up top. becareful with that. Its a pain to put the wire back in if you pull it out. What i do is when i pull the "ring" off I push the vents out of it and leave them in the dash. that way i dont worry about the little cable that that lever moves.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Only the '91-'93 cars had this vent. The '94's do not. One way around this is to push the vent out of the radio trim.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Dont forget to slide the stick shift plastic boot cover trim piece toward the back of the car to disconnect it from the rest of the dash or everything else wont come off.

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. oyyy what a pain in the booty hole that was. i think i mighty's snapped a few thigns when trying to push the darn vents off from the trim piece. i tried to disconnect the lighter from the trim also, but that wouldn't work. man... whoever designed that thing should be shot!

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
The nissan trim bezels are actually some of the easier ones to remove. Try doing a Ford sometime...when we did my friends 96 Thunderbird, we had *everything* from the center console to the end of the driver's side dashboard off just to get to the damn radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts