SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if there is a way you can tell if your injectors are maxed out by voltage from the ecu pinouts or anything like that. Besides the obvious that your detonating at higher boost. Reason i ask is that i'm running the 3 bar program with 370s on a t25 with s3 cams on a stock maf. If i run under 10 psi will i max out the injectors and/or the MAF.Any input would be greatly appreciate. Thanks!

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
stickshift said:
i was wondering if there is a way you can tell if your injectors are maxed out by voltage from the ecu pinouts or anything like that. Besides the obvious that your detonating at higher boost. Reason i ask is that i'm running the 3 bar program with 370s on a t25 with s3 cams on a stock maf. If i run under 10 psi will i max out the injectors and/or the MAF.Any input would be greatly appreciate. Thanks!
I had the same set-up. 10 psi maxes both injectors and maf. stock boost was hitting 90%. For minimal money: bored maf, 4 bar program, fuel pump, fpr... you can make over 250whp all day, that's what i did :)

·
Devil's Advocate
1,156 Posts
spdracerUT said:
I had the same set-up. 10 psi maxes both injectors and maf. stock boost was hitting 90%. For minimal money: bored maf, 4 bar program, fuel pump, fpr... you can make over 250whp all day, that's what i did :)

Where did you get your bored MAF and what mm was it bored?

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
spdracerUT said:
What monitor do you have that gives a percent? My techtom reads out a duty cycle pulse width in milisec or whatever, but no percentage.

brent

·
Registered
391 Posts
myprojectB13 said:
CMX reads out in %.
For the money, the CMX was one of the best monitoring tools to have with % for the injectors and a peak recall. plus the red LED's are much easier to read. With its small size, it fits great on the dash.
Find someone around you that has one and borrow it for a day to get a reading.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
I hear ya, why did I get the damn techtom then? LOL! I was going to get a CMX in the last GB by GP but didn't have funds as I was in the middle of my turbo stuff.

Brent

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
oNeBaDaPpLe said:
Where did you get your bored MAF and what mm was it bored?
Contact Andreas Miko for a bored MAF, i cant remember the exact specs, but he bores them to .5mm more than what the JWT program calls for because the program runs a little rich. i believe its 52mm. or is it 52.5? :confused:

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
SR20 in the 200 said:
Contact Andreas Miko for a bored MAF, i cant remember the exact specs, but he bores them to .5mm more than what the JWT program calls for because the program runs a little rich. i believe its 52mm. or is it 52.5? :confused:
IIRC, he told me 52mm.

Manny

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
MDM won't do %, that was my point earlier. Only the CMX does.

Brent

·
Devil's Advocate
1,156 Posts
SR20 in the 200 said:
Ok, thanks.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Try to find an Apexi Multichecker, not only does it read injector %, but it reads MAF & o2 voltage as well, and has peak recall on all parameters, not just whatever one you happen to be displaying. It can do a bunch more stuff too, including speed limiter cut. They're not made anymore, but you can usually find one for sale on eBay.

Good info on it here http://www.240sx.org/faq/articles/apex.htm

C
- I love my MultiChecker -

·
Big Daddy $
1,240 Posts
I've driven my b13 with Avenir at 12psi, seemed fine. Granted I haven't driven it much b/c I still need to put my turbo back 3" exhaust, fuel pump and tune the S-AFC II. I am looking for a cobra MAF right now though. So are my 370s and stock Maf maxed then?

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
I believe the injectors max before the Maf does. I know there was a post that said what each one maxed at. Seems like it was 230whp for the injectors and 250whp for the MAF.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts