SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can you tell if your JDM engine is 9:5 or 10:1 mine came with a Primera header but some say that some are 9:5 and some are 10:1 some say a gold valve cover some say the regular ones is possible too how can I be sure for sure? thanks

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SR20loper:
How can you tell if your JDM engine is 9:5 or 10:1 mine came with a Primera header but some say that some are 9:5 and some are 10:1 some say a gold valve cover some say the regular ones is possible too how can I be sure for sure? thanks</font>

If it is an sutomatic.

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,741 Posts
According to Mike Kojima not all autos are high compression. When i got mine, i emailed him with a few questions, he has taken apart 3 JDM SR20s, and all were 9.5:1, it has been over a year now since i got my engine, and i can never get a clear answer out of anybody about what mine is. if you pull off the head an look at the pistons, you can find out, but thats a lot of work just to see if you have a 10:1.

NOTE: Here is the post I made, and i was not able to get a clear answer from it. http://www.sr20deforum.com/NonCGI/Forum1/HTML/001891.html

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
146.5hp & 131.6lb-ft torque

Serban's SE-R Page

[This message has been edited by Fast91SER (edited 09-30-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts