SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SR Veteran
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has attempted to install there coilovers or springs themselves. I know that some cars are obviously easier than others. Has anybody done this or have directions to? I'm somewhat mechanically inclined so i'm thinking w/ the right tools I should be able to do the job. Sure beats paying 7 million dollars to get them installed. Thanks in advance.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SpeedvizionSER:
I was wondering if anybody has attempted to install there coilovers or springs themselves. I know that some cars are obviously easier than others. Has anybody done this or have directions to? I'm somewhat mechanically inclined so i'm thinking w/ the right tools I should be able to do the job. Sure beats paying 7 million dollars to get them installed. Thanks in advance. </font>
Definetly a do it yourself job. I've taken mine apart several times. A haynes manual is very helpful and only $10 bucks.

G

·
0 Posts
I did all four corners, kyb agx's and ground controls. The install was a piece of cake it only took me a couple of hours going slowly. All the directions come with the coilovers, but if you have any questions feel free to email me. The only hard part was grinding the AGX's so the GC sleeves would fit. Before you do the install you might want to by new gaskets the go between the top of the strut and the frame of the car. Mine were in a couple of pieces when i pull of my stock struts.

·
SR Veteran
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys thanx for the help. I was able to get the front done last night after work, but it started to rain so couldn't finish the back. It wasn't too bad at all. I bought a spring compressor kit from Pep Boys and it made the job 400x easier. Again thanx for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts