SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a set of Topspeed coilover. I asked the sales guy what the spring rate was. He said it was on the spring, but didn't know how to read it. It was something like:

700.250.01 or something along that line. What do those numbers mean?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 4DR SE R:
I was looking at a set of Topspeed coilover. I asked the sales guy what the spring rate was. He said it was on the spring, but didn't know how to read it. It was something like:

700.250.01 or something along that line. What do those numbers mean?
</font>
The first number is usually the length of the spring, in this case 7 inches. The second number is the diameter of the spring; 2.5 inches. The third number would typically be the spring rate. I don't know what yours is saying though. On my 350lb ERS front spring, the numbers read 700.250.350. And on the rear ERS spring, it read 150(mm).64(mm).53 (which happened to be metric numbers... ack!)

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
1993 NX2000

·
Registered
705 Posts
If they cant even tell you then they probably arent worth buying! Im sure if you called ground control theyd tell you spring rates, lol.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yea that last one being 01 means they dont want you to know what it is, or they dont know. By putting 01, means probaly its the first "rate" they have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts