SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll start by untroducing myself. My name is Doug and this is my first post on this forum. Last week I picked up a red '91 SE-R. Awesome car. As I was saying..

I'm installing a new stereo in the car, but I can't figure out how to get those darned door panels off. I've removed all the screws and everything else, but I can not figure out how to remove the the handle that rolls down the windows. There doesn't look to be any screws holding it on.. Any ideas?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The window crack has a littel metal clip that holds it on. If you use a small screwdriver you can usually pry them off. The open end of the clip should be straight across from where the actual crank end sticks out. It probably sounds alot harder than it is. You might want to got to nissan or a local auto parts store to get a better look.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well here's alittle installers trick. Take a shop rag and hold apossing corners. Now slide the rag down between the handle and door pannel and pull up against the base. Now wiggle the rag as you run it around the base and the clip will pop off. This is much quicker and safer than using a screwdriver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts