SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Ok... I don't know what you mean by making your motor look JDM. If I have this figured out right in my head, remove all the EGR equipment from the engine bay, and you have yourself a JDM look-alike.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
If it werent for the post count, I'd think this is a joke. Somebody tell me it is

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
What the hell is a restrictor plate on a SR20DE anyhow and what does it look like. I'd like to remove mine too! :tongue:

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
NismoPC said:
What the hell is a restrictor plate on a SR20DE anyhow and what does it look like. I'd like to remove mine too! :tongue:
I was wondering this myself.

Except for the EGR-less intake manifold, and the slightly different exhaust manifold, there's no difference between USDM and JDM N/A SR20DEs that's really noticeable.

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
He's talking about the horsepower restrictor plate on the throttle body like NASCAR.........lol

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
we have restrictor plates?

·
-John-
690 Posts
Restrictor plate, if we have those I need a how-to so I can get it off...I hate being broke and not being able to do anything to my car. If it sounds like something not healthy for the car I'll be the test dummy.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Just get a set of intake runners from a JDM SR20DE, slap them on and remove your emissions equipment. That way it will appear to be a JDM, but it actually won't be..aside from that, I agree with what Serban said.

I doubt we have a 'restrictor plate', btw.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
LOL!! We dont have restrictor plates! First thing I thoguht was NASCAR LOL. Resrictor plates are for carb'd engines to restrict the air/fuel mixture I beleive. He must a a "JDM fanboy" Lol, so he can tell his friends, "I have a JDM engine, its mo betta"! Seriously though, why? :confused:

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
One word man: MUGEN! ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.