SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pivot speed govenor remover/rev limiter remover/speed meter. i can get one but the guys telling me all this crap about 200sx limits, does anyone know what this will do for my nx?

------------------
92 nx2000 - im good enough, im smart enough, and dogonnit, poeple like me!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
someone please answer i need to know!

------------------

·
Registered
708 Posts
Some cars come equiped with speed limiters and rev limiters. I imagine that is what these remove them. I know from my DSM days that some of the DSM came with a speed limiter because they came from the factory with H rated tires so they were speed limited to 125 mph, you could defeat this by clipping a resistor on the ECU.
The rev limiter is to keep you from over-reving your engine as you probably know. I don't think it is a good idea to eliminate it. If you miss a gear this is all thats protecting you.

[This message has been edited by Trys_Hard (edited 05-04-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i thought

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Trys_Hard:
Some cars come equiped with speed limiters and rev limiters. I imagine that is what these remove them. I know from my DSM days that some of the DSM came with a speed limiter because they came from the factory with H rated tires so they were speed limited to 125 mph, you could defeat this by clipping a resistor on the ECU.
The rev limiter is to keep you from over-reving your engine as you probably know. I don't think it is a good idea to eliminate it. If you miss a gear this is all thats protecting you.

[This message has been edited by Trys_Hard (edited 05-04-2001).]
</font>
Yes, but as I learned earlier today, missing a gear defeats the rev limiter anyways. A mistaken downshift will pop rockers and tie rods and a hole crapload of other expensive thingies. Don't count on your rev limiter to save you from missing third and hitting first instead

------------------
Chad Kelly
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts