SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I do get a boost controller, how do I know how much I can turn it up? At first I will have a boost gauge and an A/F ratio gauge, possibly an intake air temp gauge as well (right before the TB). With these measurements can I tell how much I can run? Can one detonate with the proper A/F ratio? Will an EGT gauge be necessary to measure this?

Ben
boost junkie even before he has boost

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I think the HS kit runs 7psi? With your stock maf and 370 injectors I think you can get away with 7-10psi. It all depends what you maf voltage tops out at. You don't need to worry about water injection on the 9.5:1 cr until around 13-14psi? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Mike

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Good question. When you have that fule set-up the limitation is the turbo. The t25 is spinning its guts out at 14psi and is not recomended for daily use at those levels. The other limitation is the ignition, at 14 psi its about toped out also. With those up graded I'd assume you could pump out 20+psi but that is somthing I'm not sure about and I'd also like to know what the # are.

What is the limit for 8.5:1 cr boost wise before you need to start running race gas and or water injection with out touching the bottom end?

Mike
98sentraSE Turbo
01 Sentra GXE

·
Registered
194 Posts
How much boost can you run with the BB DET. Most likely I'll have the JWT 50lb injectors
with the cobra MAF when I get mine done. Plus a front mount unit. TIA.

Mel

·
Registered
194 Posts
What about the T28. I was thinking of getting the GTi-R manifold and throwing on the T28 somewhere down the line. Unless I can get my hands on some F-Max money.

Mel

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
try 20 psi, tell me how it runs
you will probably max out at around 12 psi with your maf pissing itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts