SR20 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gtir kit im puting on and wanted to know how to wire up the injectors, I already have resistor and the gtir rail. Also which is better to use the gtir or the stock one?

·
I <3 MILFS
859 Posts
you need a different rail thats for sure, but I dont know if the GTi-R Rail will work on a SR20DE. I may be wrong though, you can't use the stock rail though because thats for sidemount injectors, and the 444cc's are topfed. So what I did was I just bought a new rail from JGY for topfed injectors.

Wire the resistors into the the injector signal wires by the ECU, that way your engine bay will look better that way.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a jgy rail but its too big for the 444cc's and where do I wire the resistors I dont understand where you mean.....

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the injectors are too small to fit in the jgy fuel rail its made for 50lb and 72lb msd

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
lemme ask this, will the 444cc need resistors? I am looking to get a set w/rail and need to know. Also do they fit fine on the intake? And I imagine I would need the clips.

This is one of those hard to search subjects, has been asked many times and there's no sticky for it :/

·
Registered
213 Posts
yes they will because they are low impedance. the car will run without them but will run very rich. u need four 6.8ohm 10watt resistors. you put them on them on the signal wire for the injectors u can also put it on the power side if u want.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
thanks alot fellers for the quick response. I have been trying to edumicate myself on the subject. I know the basics of Turbo, is the other stuff that is getting me, lol.

Hopefully, I will be done by the end of the year.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How do Know which wires are the injector wires that go to the ecu? And will the stock injectors wire conectors/clips work on the 444cc injectors?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
any help with this?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ttt .......

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
any information given is grealty appreciated.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aight I spoke to someone and found out that you wire the resisitors into the negative injector wires. I have the gtir clips for the gtir injectors and they all have different colored wires but all 4 clips have one thick wire and one skinny wire. Which one is the negative wire?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aight I figured out that the skinny wire is the ground for each injector set.

·
FWD PWNAGE IS HERE!
2,570 Posts
Just solder the resistors inline to the negative wire on the injectors. JWT had a write up on how to do this properly and I used it for my gti-r injector install but I can't find it so here are some of my install pix..

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Thanx for your help I grealty appreciate it and the pix are a big help too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.