SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 SE-R with a blown engine and need to at least make a decision on what Im going to do. How do you think a 20VE would run with a GTI-R intake manifold bolted up? I think it'd be cool to do an all motor car and hey if I dont like the outcome I'll just turbo it.

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
turbo it and run really low boost man. lol. its 11-1 comp. but you could probly run maybe 5-6 pounds. anyway...ask andreas miko about the gtir manifold setup, im sure he knows. plus it may be harder to find a 20V motor than you think....unless im getting confused and when you said "20VE" you meant 2.0 litre VE.....so if you didnt mean the 20V 204 horsepower motor, just pretend like i never responded. lol

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
According to Andreas, the intake manifold won't work as it won't clear the firewall in the lowport

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
Those manifolds are really hard to come by. You pretty much gotta find someone who blew his gti-r motor and wants to part out (very rare), unless you want to buy the whole motor for $2000+. I saw one on ebay for $1000. Once. There's another quad throttle body manifold on ebay for JUST $800 or so, but then you gotta get the plenum too, and that's another $100-$150. It would be kick-ass, but you'd probably get more hp from those new JWT cams they're coming out with, for comparable price.

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
buy the quad throttle body and plenum for like 1000 on ebay man. those things kick ass and thats your best bet. fits the VE fine too.

·
Registered
201 Posts
dont purchase the Quad TB on Ebay, I bought it and found out the pattern
doesnt match with VE intake. I guess the people at that company don't know VE's intake pattern is different from SR20DE.
I am now trying to solve this problem, modify the Quad TB to match VE will cost alot (on top of the expensive TB kit), which is not worth it. I wish
they do have a TB kit for VE and they just sent me the wrong item, or I wish they can do refund.

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
if you cant get a refund for somethig that doesnt fit, then we arent in america. lol. send it back man. raise some hell.

thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Oh well, My tuner helped me to ask about the refund, and he replied me today saying that, the company refuse to refund for the product, they said I have purchased the wrong product and they have no responsibility to this. what da f**k!
"Obviously full payment is required if you want us to ship the kit. The kit
will fit your engine. " this is what they said to me when I purchased.
should I post the name of the company here?

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
Tell them you talked with your lawyer and are prepared to sue for false advertising. On their item page on ebay it specifically says that it will fit the VE. If it's their mistake, they need to refund your money, along with shipping too.

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
yeah they advertised that it fits the VE, if it doesnt then its false advertising. also tell them youve talked with your lawyer AND the better business burough (BBB) companies are scared shitless of that, they can shut a busniess down for this sort of thing. it clearly states that it fits SR20VE. call andreas miko and ask him about this. i could have sworn he had a similar kit mounting up to his 20V motor. i could be wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts