SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, I bought a chilton book and it makes it sound pretty easy but I'm not too mechanically inclined. If anybody can help me with some good pics or detailed instructions Im sure it would help. Thanks

------------------
Daniel K
93 NX2000 w/ intake and more to come!!!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it looks easy, but I was wondering what I need to do. When I took it to a shop for a quote, they told me that it would take them 3 to 4 hours just to get to the alternator because it was obstructed by other parts. So, were they bullshitting me or do I need to have a day open to change my alternator?

------------------
Daniel K

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey there,
I've done mine twice and it CAN be frustrating, however....
I was smart and took pics of how to rotate the thing to get it out the passenger side of your engine bay. It's like fitting a square peg through a round hole sometimes. I'll post pics from work tomorrow on a temporary webpage with some instructions for ya.
Hold tight,
Ryan
'96 SE-R w/ Gen 4 Hotshots, GC coilovers, HKS catback, PR mounts, s/shifter, blah, blah, blah.....

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, thanks.

------------------
Daniel K

·
Registered
111 Posts
http://www.geocities.com/photog01/alternatorinstall.html?982882522224

Here's the install page. Hopefully the pics aren't too big. Just bear with the page if it take a bit to load. The pics should be around 5 or 6 inches so you could print them out for reference in the garage.

Hope this helps. It's not a complete install, just the most frustrating part (getting the damn thing out without unhooking any radiator hoses)

Now that I think of it, you may be able to remove it from the exhaust manifold side, but with my headers there was no way.

Hope it helps,
Ryan
'96 SE-R w/ Gen 4 Hotshots, GC coilovers, HKS catback, PR mounts, alum. flywheel, clutch, blah, blah, blah.....

[This message has been edited by SERvo (edited 02-22-2001).]

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
hope you don't have A/C

------------------
93 SE-R with 91 SR20DE. When you're driving an SE-R, you're living. Everything else is just waiting.

Thinkin of suspension....

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the pics, but I do have AC!!!!

------------------
Daniel K

1 - 8 of 8 Posts