SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife thinks Im a freak because I would bust a u-turn and hunt somebody down in order to instigate a race. Im just wondering how far some of you have gone to street race.
The worst I've done is: As I was almost home, returning from work I saw two civics going the other way. I busted a U , followed them on the highway, beat them both!! and I ended up back at work!! It was all worth it to me. :)

[This message has been edited by 94_REDSE-R (edited 06-29-2001).]

·
Registered
415 Posts
I followed a Civic Si for miles on an interstate because we were reving at each other a ways back in traffic. He'd let me hear his VTEC, and I'd let him hear my STILLEN
. Unfortunatly, the interstate was packed with cars. I eventually gave up, and took an exit.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 94_REDSE-R:
My wife thinks Im a freak because I would bust a u-turn and hunt somebody down in order to instigate a race. Im just wondering how far some of you have gone to street race.
The worst I've done is: As I was almost home, returning from work I saw two civics going the other way. I busted a U , followed them on the highway, beat them both!! and I ended up back at work!! It was all worth it to me. :)

[This message has been edited by 94_REDSE-R (edited 06-29-2001).]
</font>

------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake System
STILLEN Performance Exhaust System
15x7 Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
195/50 ZR 15 Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
I've been known to go a bit out of my way for a race. Actually one time I went WAAAY out of the way but hey it was worth it.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I drove 1.5-2 hours to an autocross recently (Laguna Seca Raceway paddock... got lost on the way.) Also drove 3-3.5 hours to Buttonwillow Raceway 4 times within the past year for some mad hot-lapping road course action.

--Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
1993 NX2000

[This message has been edited by RollcageSR20 (edited 06-29-2001).]

·
Registered
708 Posts
To Autocross I drove 6 hours from Orange County to Atwater for an SCCA Pro-Solo.
I regularly go to San Diego 1.5 hours each way to autocross and I plan on going to Topeka this September for the Nationals 1500+ miles but I will probably trailer the car there.

------------------
Art R.
1992 Sentra SE-R
SCCA Solo II Driver
Cal Club #823 E Stock

[This message has been edited by Trys_Hard (edited 06-30-2001).]

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How can I start autocrossing? (The courses with the cones) I live in Tampa, Fla.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
I have the same question as 94 RED SE-R, except i live in Roanoke, VA. Shitty little town, lots of ghetto rides, besides a few nice Si's and Preludes...no SE-Rs...just me...all alone in Roanoke...
hehe..want to meet some of you guys one day and go autox....i want to see what it's like. i also wish i could go somewhere close to get a 1/4 mi time...but i dont know where to start

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
Registered
417 Posts
How can I start autocrossing? (The courses with the cones) I live in Tampa, Fla.</font>
Actually visit SCCA.org....find a club in your area(they have a region locator and other info on Solo2) and find out the dates for their autoXes...you usually dont have to be a SCCA member to AutoX... Hope that helps

------------------
~Anna
97 200SX SE-R
79 Alfa Romeo Alfetta Sprint Veloce
73 Super Beetle
AIM XVyvianX

·
Registered
222 Posts
How can I start autocrossing? (The courses with the cones) I live in Tampa, Fla.</font>
IIRC, the closed SCCA autox is at Sebring. If thats too far, there is a club that races at Lockheed Martin in Orlando. I used to go there when I lived down there. They are not an SCCA sanctioned club, but they do model it after SCCA as far as safty goes. Right now the name excapes me, but try a search for Orlando autox and Lockheed Martin and hopefully something will come up. Note, however, you do have to be a member of the club to race.

-jason

1 - 13 of 13 Posts