SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My flex pipe is still busted and its actually in two pieces. It is split right where the two tubes meet to form the exhuast to the catalytic converter. (before the flexy stuff). Will this JB Weld stuff be able to hold those two pieces of pipe together till I can get a header?
Right now I have that fiberglass stuff and some straps holding the two pieces together.
=-(

------------------
-3x CRX owner
-SE-R mods: "Home Depot" intake
-

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Ahhhh.....the mighty JB Weld. GREAT stuff, it is. Will it be able to hold your flex pipe together?
It'll probably do a better job than the fiberglass and straps you're currently using.
My intake manifold has four holes (one in each intake runner) filled with JB Weld, from where the holes were drilled incorrectly for my NOS direct port setup.
The JB Weld has held up very well.
I say...go for it. It's great stuff.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
Registered
858 Posts
it's only good for up to 600 degrees. intake stuf is great for that like nitrous nozzles(mine ) etc. you can even drill and tap this stuff. liquid metal

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info!!
Im going to try that if my straps fall off.
So far its holding up pretty good. The cool part is at high speeds it hisses like a turbo spooling......heh heh heh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts