SR20 Forum banner

how low is too low?

1K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  sprospect16 
#1 ·
whats the lowest you should lower a 200sx before you start to scrape speedbumps and stuff?

#3 · (Edited)
3.5", are you ****ing nuts! :mad: Yeah buddy, go ride around w/ that and count how many times you bottom out within the first mile. Then have fun on some corners and watch your car spin in circles into a ditch when it slams into the pavement.

b14s have shitty suspension travel. 2" max and that is pushing it unless you are willing to buy some shortened struts from Motivational Engineering. Go to this link for a basic idea of suspension: http://www.se-r.net/car_info/suspension_tuning.html

#5 ·
Boo Radley said:
whats the lowest you should lower a 200sx before you start to scrape speedbumps and stuff?
well I have the motivational engineering suspension so my struts are shortened and I have my b14 lowered 4 inches on the front and 3 in rear and im tucking all the around on 15'' buddy club sf rims with a 205 50 yokohama es 100 tire. Its extremely low for a nissan and looks clean and the ride is great. Have never bottom out yet. The only problem is I scrape the header and the cross member bar everywhere, even on a normal speed bump. So i just avoid them. Im trying to post a pic but i dunno how . Im new so how do i post a pic of my car?

#6 · (Edited)
Even so, take your car to a track or push it some curves. I can guarentee that not only will your struts bottom out, but mostly likely the bottom of your car will bottom out on the road as well. When this happens, your car will proceed to spin in circles...but hey, its your life, have fun.

Additionally, I'm just waiting until you dent your header restricting your exhaust flow or if you are lucky, smash your oil pan in.

But hey, don't believe me if you want, go ahead and **** your car up. If you are interested at all though, check out this link over at Nissan Forums, long read but it addresses all of this.

http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4384&highlight=eibach+problems

#11 ·
^^^
yep, @ ~ 2" you start the occasional banging of the crossmember on serious road dips. much lower than that should be for "static" show purposes only. even with the moti's, @ -4 (if you're truly that low) you're sitting on the soft koni bumpstops.

Ric
97 se-r w/moti's & a banged up crossmember

ps i'd love to see the alignment numbers on a se-r dropped 4/3 :rolleyes:

#13 ·
:mad: :mad: :mad:

It doesn't matter what your "opinion" is concerning the ride. The fact of the matter is, the 200SX suspension travel sucks. Which means whenever you touch the slightest bump w/ you 3.5" lowered car, your pricey AGX shocks are slamming into the chasis of the car. You probably think your ride feels good because you have shot your shocks already and they ride like a rubber band.

#18 ·
Boo Radley said:

At 2" you will scrape. I had Sportlines and Moti shortened struts. And I had to crawl over speed bumps. If there was one other person in the car I scraped. Even still today I crawl over them. I hvae no idea why I have the gorund clearence.

#20 ·
My car is lowered 3.5 inches and has been that way for over 6 years now. The ride sucks and its very dangerous. My oil pan looks like someone has taken a sledge hammer to it and the undercarriage is scraped to hell. Also was one of the reasons I was hydro locked one time also. Anyways, just my 2 cents.

#21 ·
get air ride suspension (and an automatic camber adjuster), if you can't afford that get Tein Basics, if you can't afford that get in the group buy for D2s. 2in would be my lowest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.