SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been always amazed at how many of you guys own more than one SR20 powered vehicle. If you have MORE than ONE SR20 powered car please post what you have and whether they are either a SR20DE, SR20VE, SR20DET BB/Avenir or SR20DET GTi-R.

Please add which is your favorite to drive and why. If you have a pic of all of them in one shot post that if you can also.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
I've had two different Classics, but separately. The first was probably my favorite car to date; it was totalled in a wreck. The second was bought to replace the first but I felt like it was an impostor in my garage and ended up needing something bigger, so I got the G20.

Currently I own a 93.5 G20 - header, intake, suspension, wheels/tires.
Also, 1990 240SX with SR20DET and too much crap to mention.

Right now I prefer the 240, but it's under the wrench and not driveable. The G20 is fun to drive (and is my daily driver) but the Eibach springs it's wearing are just too stiff for me. I'm going to switch to Teins after I get the 240 sorted out.

It's tough to choose when they're both functional. The 240 is great in a straight line and in the twisties but in town and off boost is kind of boring, though it's a great highway car. The G20 is heavier and slower but really fun in the twisties too, and has much more of a premium feel.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
My '93 Classic SE-R and a 1991 NX2000. SE-R is almost ready to roll out with BIG boost, the NX2000 is terribly bone stock.

To be honest with you all...the NX is the most fun to drive of the two cars. The SE-R has turned into a monster that isn't always easy to drive. The NX just makes me grin from ear to ear, even though it is underpowered, has flaccid suspension, and the muffler has a hole that is getting bigger.

For all-out speed and power fix...the SE-R wins hands down. Just tooling around with the t-tops off and going to 7,500rpm? The NX is it.

We won't even mention the 240 'vert with the truck motor. :D

·
Devil's Advocate
1,156 Posts
92 classic in sig, 93 nx200 jdm de coming soon with I/H/E and G20 with 200sx tranny.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Its is in my sig but I own 3 classics all 1992's.My red one has a sr20de with juice.My grey 92 has a sr20de and is bone stock.My black classic has a sr20det bb and I daily drive.The funnest to drive is my red se-r cause ive had it since 2000 even though it doesnt have a det its still badass.

·
B13/P11
1,810 Posts
I have owned 4 different b13's and i just bought one of them back. I currently daily drive a p11 and i have a boosted classic. By far the classic is the best to drive, its a viper eating monster. And i have a 93 classic with a blown motor that is for sale.

·
Registered
496 Posts
1993 SE-R
1996 G20t
1991 SE-R

Most fun to drive is a tough, tough call between the G20 and my '93, which I've had since it was new. I'd say the SE-R is more fun, but the G20 is more pleasant to drive on a daily basis, with a better seating position, foo-foo stuff, and softer shocks.

David

·
out with neck injury :-(
1,231 Posts
1991 SE-R >> soon to be force fed
1992 SE-R >> became parts car

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I currently have 3 NX2000s and a 91 G20. My favorite by far is the VE powered NX. My old det powered se-r was a blast too.

IF YOU SOLD THE CAR THEN REMOVE IT FROM YOUR SIG!!!!

·
egg beater:)
457 Posts
1993 NX2000- JDM SR20DE+T and S4's
1994 SE-R- stock low port power

even though it's a loud beast, i love driving my NX. boost is nice. it feels much sportier than the se-r.

the se-r impresses me with it's low end grunt, i love this car. the se-r is my daily driver and i love having cruise control on those long trips. i'm sure it will be modded soon. it will soon be getting the stock intake cam from my NX and it already has b14 wheels. can't make up my mind if i wanna boost it or not.....

·
Breakin necks 1 at a time
1,628 Posts
My cars are in my sig,the b14 is more enjoyable to drive because it's quiet and confortable,my classic is more fun because it's loud and fast and fun through turns.

·
Looking for a new B13....
217 Posts
91 SE-R-Black.... My First. Still my favorite. Still in my driveway
92 SE-R-Black.... Never connected with it even though it was flawless. Sold it after 3 months
93 SE-R-White... Daily Driver. Letting the 91 have a break. (400 miles from 200k on this one) :)
91 P10-Charcoal.. I don't own it but it's in my driveway and I drive it more then the actual owner

05 Spec-v- I know it's not an SR20 engine but it's still an SE-R and it's mine :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
'91 SE-R in White (replaced gummed up original motor with JDM SR20DE)
'96 G20 in Black

I like to drive the SE-R more because it has a manual transmission (the G20 has a slushbox). I bought the G20 new when I got back to the States in 1996 because I couldn't find any decent used '91 to '94 SE-R's in my area. I couldn't find a new G20 with 5MT because I waited to long, so I went with the slushbox. Only a few months later my friend found a nice '95 G20t with 5MT, but I was already buried in my new '96. :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.