SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many miles have you guys put on your det's that you have swaped in, have the motors treated you guys well when in stock form pretty much. lookin to keep the car pretty reliable but also fun. so lets get some feedback, thanks alot

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
I put my Avenir in on the weekend of January 3rd and 4th, 2004...and got the final parts in on the 8th. The car had 160,000 miles exactly....and I've now just turned 166,500 4 months later.

No huge problems other than a few busted exhaust gaskets and a wastegate actuator that went bad. The motor itself is holding up great!

·
Devil's Advocate
1,156 Posts
Engine swap at 145k...1 1/2 yrs later...159k. No problems except the water pump. Didn't change before the swap. So lesson learned and advice you should take whole heartedly.

·
Rebuilding the W11:P
1,114 Posts
55 miles after the swap, broken timing chain:(

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Motor has run strong for the 10K miles i put on it in 1 summer. I must say, I wasn't the easiest on it either. The only bad thing that has happened was I dropped the trans at the track.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Mine has been in for 35k miles. It still runs just as good as it did on day 1.

·
Rebuilding the W11:P
1,114 Posts
spoolin2o said:
so ya guys sugust putting a new waterpump on the motor before swaping it in i take it
Yeah, if you want to avoid a 4-6 hour job. I swaped H2O pumps when I put in my first det, and will swap it onto the new one.

·
Registered
423 Posts
drove the car back 436 miles... add ~10 more miles for a lil cruisin' around. The Avenir holds up awesome and zero problem.

·
Boost Addict
1,451 Posts
Installed my motor May 20th 2003, 10,000 miles later. No problems at all. Still running at stock boost 7psi and not even a sign of blue smoke. I made sure I put in a dealer pump before installing. No regrets. Very reliable and good gas mileage too.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
just make sure to replace all wear and tear items: rod bearings, exhaust gaskets (ALL of them, it sucks when they die in the car) and water pump. dont do the rod bearings if you dont know what youre doing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts