SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal. On the way home from my friend Paul's house in Yonkers I got diverted into Manhattan. There was a combo of reasons why I was diverted there.

Anyway, needless to say the combo of AGX's, and H&R springs was not suited for the terrain. I bottomed repeatedly despite my best most careful efforts.

How do I know if I f'ed the shocks up? Is there any way to check it visually? How stout are these components?

I'm getting the Motiv. inserts for the rear soon. And take it from me keep your low Se-R's out of the city. Peace

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
I've had the same problem with my AGX/CG setup. Despite the fact I have lowered it ONLY 1 INCH and have 350 lb/in springs, I still hit the bump stops regularly.

So far the AGXs are OK. Here's what I did. I jacked up the car until the suspension was in full droop. The GC springs will be loose and flop around when it's jacked up. I simply tested the dampening by trying to raise the control arm with my hands. I could adjust the shock and tell a difference in the settings, so I knew the shocks are still OK.

I plan to get GC camber plates to get back the inch of travel I lost.

Matt

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts