SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got my Fmax stage 2 finally fired up last night... I am running 9:1 comp. and everything runs great, however, my Tial wastegate is suppose to be 0.63 bar... and I didn't have the AVC-R upping boost at all yet (was turned off, only monitoring boost) and I hit 1 bar a few times, and even 1.1 bar once... on the other hand, everything sounded great and it pulled great, but I had always heard this was too high... Any ideas on what's going on with the wastegate?

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Sounds like u have the Vac lines hooked up wrong. hookup the Waste Gate Vac line to the Vac line that Feeds to the BOV. Then See if it will hold the .65 bar. If it dose then it's the Vac lines u used for the AVC-R switch them around an try to use the AC not WG setting

------------------

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PDX S2000:
Hey guys, I just got my Fmax stage 2 finally fired up last night... I am running 9:1 comp. and everything runs great, however, my Tial wastegate is suppose to be 0.63 bar... and I didn't have the AVC-R upping boost at all yet (was turned off, only monitoring boost) and I hit 1 bar a few times, and even 1.1 bar once... on the other hand, everything sounded great and it pulled great, but I had always heard this was too high... Any ideas on what's going on with the wastegate?</font>

I agree sounds like the lines are screwed up.

How much boost you can run depends on a few things. Do you have water injection, and what size jet? What is your base timeing set at?

Base timing at 15*, water on with a .7mm jet, you should be able to run up to 16ish psi on pump with no troubles. Just listen for detonation and back off if you hear any.

With the 1mm water jet 18ish psi on pump is a reality.

No water, pump gas ='s about 12-13psi max unless you are in very cool weather.

Sometimes I'll spike a 1/3 race gas (110+ Octane leaded) 2/3's 94 pump gas mix and the car will run 18+psi with the .7mm jet all day long.

If you are worried about the bottom end, I run 22+psi with scarey regularity on straight up C16 Race fuel.

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ehh, yah I did have the wastegate hooked up wrong... I've been running 1.1 bar fine, but lowered it to 0.85 for the sake of the tires. No water injection but everything sounds good... I know a friend of mine runs 1 bar on his MR2T with a very similarly sized turbo and has never had a problem, as I understand the engines are very very similar with the major differences being in our sad valvetrain.. =\

Thanks for mentioning the timing, I need to check that I think I may need to retard it a bit as I had it advanced when I was running around on 9:1 compression with no turbo =(

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jay, that sounds wild!!! I'm not looking for a drag car, just some fun daily driving and occasional club track days... I think I'll run her at 0.85-0.9 bar and play around with 1-1.1 now and then and see how it goes.. it *is* pretty cold here right now, so I'll see how things work out as summer comes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts