SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hi Officer, how ya doin'?
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing that my motor and mind are operating once again, I had a crazy idea! I bought a set of 72lb MSD injectors (50lb unit for sale!) for the engine build up. Now that the motor checks out OK, I am thinking of installing them along with the 4 bar ECU program and a Stage 5 turbo. I will also purchase a set of cams and cam gears. I want to see if 420-440+ whp is attainable along with my existing Stage II manifold. Mind you, my block is completely stock. The reasoning behind this is that precise fuel metering and timing can create major HP. Detonation shouldn't be a problem. Am I crazy or do I have a valid point?

------------------
321.2 HP @ 6500 RPM
285.1 ft/lb @ 5300 RPM
3 bar Program w/50lb injectors...TO4E/T3 Stage II
12.81 @ 116.8 mph

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Big Boost:
Seeing that my motor and mind are operating once again, I had a crazy idea! I bought a set of 72lb MSD injectors (50lb unit for sale!) for the engine build up. Now that the motor checks out OK, I am thinking of installing them along with the 4 bar ECU program and a Stage 5 turbo. I will also purchase a set of cams and cam gears. I want to see if 420-440+ whp is attainable along with my existing Stage II manifold. Mind you, my block is completely stock. The reasoning behind this is that precise fuel metering and timing can create major HP. Detonation shouldn't be a problem. Am I crazy or do I have a valid point?

</font>
Well mine lived for a long time at 409whp. I would recomend water injection for long life and security with cast pistons.

The only limiting factor on my engine was the turbo size and injector size or I would have gone higher.

·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's up Jay? How much is the H20 injection system? I just may have that burned into the ECU while I'm doing everything else.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
ryan b has the water injection system in his stock bottom end in his 200sx se-r and made 392whp. and from what i can remember he had over 100k and said he never had any problem what so ever. so i think 420+whp is very realistic on a stock bottom end with the right timing and fuel set up like you said.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

·
Registered
263 Posts
Keep in mind that the 72lb/hr injectors aren't as street friendly as the 50lb/hr injectors. I highly doubt this is your daily driver though. I would be really excited to see what kind of power you can make on the stock bottom end! I would highly reccomend that you use water injection, it will definately help you boost higher, and boost more safely. I think the problem you might run into is the head gasket, I am not sure if any has boosted beyond 24psi with the stock headgasket. I would imagine you will be putting down about 440-450 whp at 24psi with a Stage V turbo, and perhaps even more with your custom manifold! If you were daring, and you iced down your intercooler, filled er up with C16, put a set of C1 cams with springs, set the boost to 26 or 28 psi, 500WHP might be possible! Will the bottom end hold? Good question!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Some guy running a rwd SR20DET in the B12 was able to pull 34psi out of his stock block...not sure on the exact setup but my friends spent an hour speaking with them and susposidely they just tuned their shiet right with a haltech/electromotive combo. But this goes along with what a member in australia was saying how they have 700hp sr20 with stock blocks its just the head that goes.

·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The DET has piston oil coolers and stronger grade main bearings and caps. If I got anywhere close to 450whp and beyond would solidify the SR20 as the best factory built engine in the world. Well, next to the 2JZ-GTE (Supra 3L motor).
I volunteer myself to find out.

------------------
321.2 HP @ 6500 RPM
285.1 ft/lb @ 5300 RPM
3 bar Program w/50lb injectors...TO4E/T3 Stage II
12.81 @ 116.8 mph

·
Registered
247 Posts
This may or may not help but a few days ago I went to a dyno in Tallahassee and seen the fastest SR20 with stock block. It was in a Mazda RX-7 and made 545hp to the wheels. I seen the dyno charts

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
Greg,

Maybe he didn't seen the date?

I seen this post under "new posts", so I be reading it, and then I realize I seen this before!! Two Years Ago!!

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Damn, I was gonna say, "search". That wouldn't apply for an old thread like this one though.

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
a couple of Big Boost's threads have been replied to recently... keeps giving me false hope that he's still around and messing with sr20s...havent heard from that guy in a loooooong time....

·
Registered
247 Posts
same

That's ther same car I was talking about. I touched it, made me feel funny in my pants.

·
Registered
3 Posts
im about to put hks metal head gasket, bc cams and valve springs and retainers. with a t2871 tuned ECU,MAF and 560cc injectors how much boost would the stock block would be able to hold?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts