SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for my english, i am a french canadien from Montreal so I am making a lot of mistakes, sorry.

I want to buy a 200 sx as soon as possible but i am still searching for the good one and the money ! =) and the assurances too.

I have saw a 1996 200sx se-r on that the person is selling for 10,000$ can.
But she as no winter and 90,000 km on it ! but the car have been lowered of 3'' is that too much ??? Because I want to buy a car that I will be able to drive in the winter too.

So what should I do ??? and is the price ok ??? i think.

------------------
NISSAN POWER ! Yeah ! hum

http:\\4watever.cjb.net

·
Registered
230 Posts
3" is too much, unless the car is running shortened struts...

if you buy the car and need some factory springs... i'll sell you mine for CHEAP, if the shocks are blown... well then i got you on that too...

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Watever:
Sorry for my english, i am a french canadien from Montreal so I am making a lot of mistakes, sorry.

I want to buy a 200 sx as soon as possible but i am still searching for the good one and the money ! =) and the assurances too.

I have saw a 1996 200sx se-r on that the person is selling for 10,000$ can.
But she as no winter and 90,000 km on it ! but the car have been lowered of 3'' is that too much ??? Because I want to buy a car that I will be able to drive in the winter too.

So what should I do ??? and is the price ok ??? i think.

</font>
The price doesn't sound bad. But you should be able to talk her down a bit. The car is lowered way to much. It will ride bad and kill tyres. If purchasing this car first mod should be a different suspension.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Zed's dead baby
336 Posts
My car is lowered a good 2 1/2 to 3 inches and the ride is horrible. I just spent $500 on new tires because my front tires went bald on the inside tread in no time. I think the camber adjustment kit is helping, but I don't recommend having the car that low.

------------------
'95 200sx Se-R Stillen Exhaust, Weapon R adapter intake, 17" Chrome w/ Nitto NT 555, Arospeed Adjustable coilovers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So If I resume, The price for the car is good but I should bargain it a little bit ! and for the suspension, I should buy another and install other shocks ???

Is 1,6 inch too much ? to lower it ? Because you need to know that I live in Montreal, Canada, and here there is a lot of snow in winter so I want to be able to ride my car in winter too.

So is 1.6 inch too much ? or can I go more than this ?

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Do not lower your car more than 1 inch if you can. Unless you have a shortened suspension. SE-Rs do not have a lot of suspension travel. 1 inch max all around will be fine

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts