SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for my english, i am a french canadien from Montreal so I am making a lot of mistakes, sorry.

I want to buy a 200 sx as soon as possible but i am still searching for the good one and the money ! =) and the assurances too.

I have saw a 1996 200sx se-r on that the person is selling for 10,000$ can.
But she as no winter and 90,000 km on it ! but the car have been lowered of 3'' is that too much ??? Because I want to buy a car that I will be able to drive in the winter too.

So what should I do ??? and is the price ok ??? i think.

------------------
NISSAN POWER ! Yeah ! hum

http:\\4watever.cjb.net

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Watever:
Sorry for my english, i am a french canadien from Montreal so I am making a lot of mistakes, sorry.

I want to buy a 200 sx as soon as possible but i am still searching for the good one and the money ! =) and the assurances too.

I have saw a 1996 200sx se-r on that the person is selling for 10,000$ can.
But she as no winter and 90,000 km on it ! but the car have been lowered of 3'' is that too much ??? Because I want to buy a car that I will be able to drive in the winter too.

So what should I do ??? and is the price ok ??? i think.

</font>
The price doesn't sound bad. But you should be able to talk her down a bit. The car is lowered way to much. It will ride bad and kill tyres. If purchasing this car first mod should be a different suspension.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Zed's dead baby
336 Posts
My car is lowered a good 2 1/2 to 3 inches and the ride is horrible. I just spent $500 on new tires because my front tires went bald on the inside tread in no time. I think the camber adjustment kit is helping, but I don't recommend having the car that low.

------------------
'95 200sx Se-R Stillen Exhaust, Weapon R adapter intake, 17" Chrome w/ Nitto NT 555, Arospeed Adjustable coilovers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So If I resume, The price for the car is good but I should bargain it a little bit ! and for the suspension, I should buy another and install other shocks ???

Is 1,6 inch too much ? to lower it ? Because you need to know that I live in Montreal, Canada, and here there is a lot of snow in winter so I want to be able to ride my car in winter too.

So is 1.6 inch too much ? or can I go more than this ?

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Do not lower your car more than 1 inch if you can. Unless you have a shortened suspension. SE-Rs do not have a lot of suspension travel. 1 inch max all around will be fine

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.