SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The road's my slave
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm just wondering what the fuel capacity of the NX 2000 is and what the supposed milage on that thing is, i have a 1993 and i think my milage is crappy, even when i try to drive normal. my tank fills up with 9 gallons

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
ChrisNX2000 said:
i'm just wondering what the fuel capacity of the NX 2000 is and what the supposed milage on that thing is, i have a 1993 and i think my milage is crappy, even when i try to drive normal. my tank fills up with 9 gallons
I believe that the NX holds about 13.2 gallons, but the gas light itself will come on if it gets down to 3 gallons.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
The most i've pumped into my NX is 38 litres. I only ever saw the fuel light on once, and that was driving for about 20K after the needle stopped moving after "E"

Edit:

According to SE-R.net, the NX holds 13.2 gallons

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
This might be a sign that your sending unit in the tank is going bad. Check on SE-R.net for this. I think you go to "Problems" and then scroll down a little bit and go to "Inaccurate Fuel Gauge". Read that and see if this is what is happening to your car. FYI, the new sending unit at the dealer will set you back about $81 so either call Mossy Nissan or Courtesy Nissan and get the se-r.net discount.

·
SouthPaw
2,022 Posts
The tank holds 13.5 gallons, but after 13.2 gallons the red light is supposed to go on. That way you got .3 gallons left to drive (I'm trying to interpret from my FSM)

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
I never saw an light come on when I'd hit E on my SE-R. The fact that there is a light indicator when the tank hits empty is new to me. Wow, the things you can learn.

·
Registered
372 Posts
yea i know the NX's gas gage is inaccurate but wow. i get nervous when its close to E but when i fill i only get a lil over 8 gallons. good info to know

·
Registered
50 Posts
The gas tank is full stainless steal, it can not rust.
The manufacturers think of rust when they make a gas tank.
Too bad they don't think of rust when they design an exhaust system.=)

·
Registered
807 Posts
if you want to figure out your gas milage, fill your tank and reset the tripometer. that way when you fill up next time you can divide the miles you have driven by the amount of gas you just put in. thats what i do.

my sending unit is bad too. after filling my tank, the needle will go down to 3/4 full after about 25 miles of driving.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
in mine the light comes on withexactly 3.5 gallons left but it's way past the E at that point. It will ride to the lowest horizontal line on the E before it's out.

·
yup
1,208 Posts
and just to add a thought... i've been told it is not a good idea to run your tank all the way to near empty because you begin to suck up sediment and stuff from the bottom of the tank (not talking rust here) Anyone have anything to say about this?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
If its always on empty then there should be no sediment. ;) thats why there is a fuel filter. Of course that wouldnt keep it from damaging the pump it it got through the screen but It would probably get pulled up sometime anyway.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have the same prob. I'm working to resolve it.

1. Go here http://www.se-r.net/car_info/problems/fuel_guage.html

2. Here's the email from one of the guys at Courtesy Nissan [[email protected]]

Dear Bryan Smith,

The price is $57.27 and $6.18.
One or more of the parts you need are currently not in stock. Generally, special order parts take 2-3 business days to arrive in our warehouse.
Standard UPS Ground insured shipping is $8.00 minimum (up to 5 pounds) to the US mainland states. Thank you for your email. We know you have a choice when it comes to Nissan parts, and we hope that you'll give us your business. The prices quoted include our special Internet discount. Please include this email in any further correspondence about these parts, so we may better serve you.
Your quote code is Q5853. You can use this quote to order by phone, fax, or email.

Thanks,

Kaleb Broadhead
Courtesy Nissan, Inc.
1777 N. Central Expressway
Richardson, Texas 75080
Phone 800-527-1909 or 972-644-3942
Fax 800-382-7891 or 972-234-4924
Email [email protected]
Internet www.courtesyparts.com

Bryan Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

> This email was sent from your 'Courtesy Nissan' Cobalt website
> (nissan-courtesy). The URL of the page used to send this email is
> 'http://www.courtesy-nissan.com/f_parts_form.cgi'.
>
>
> == Vehicle Information ===============================================
> Manufacturer: Nissan
> Year: 1991
> Model: Sentra SE-R
> Miles: 111100
>
> == Parts Information =================================================
> Item: Part Number: Part Description:
> 1 25060-57Y02
> 2 17342-01A00
> 3
> 4
>
> == Additional Information ============================================
>
>
> == Contact Information ===============================================
> Name: Bryan Smith
> Email: [email protected]
> Day Phone:
> Preferred Contact: Email
> City: Indianapolis
> State: IN
> Zip: 46222
>
>
> Comments and Questions
> If you have any comments or questions, please contact your Cobalt
> Sales Consultant at 1-800-909-8244.
>
> Support
> If you have problems receiving this email, please contact our support
> staff at [email protected] or at 1-800-909-8244.
>

The prices on se-r.net are wrong. They've luckily gone down since then. The prices Courtesy Nissan quoted me, are before any se-r.net discounts. Since they didnt know I got their recommendation from se-r.net. So i'm sure its cheaper then $57.27 and $6.18.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
It's a good idea to not run your tank dry, especially in the summer. If the pump is surrounded by fuel in the tank, it helps to cool the pump and avoid fuel pump failure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts