SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey..I was doing some thinking today and the idea of selling the car popped in my mind. I'm in school for the summer and I live 10 minutes from school so I could get a ride or bike or whatever...so I probably wouldn't be using the car much anyway. I figure that if I were to sell it, I might as well sell it now since it's just before the summer (when t-tops are best) and also since the car has 197k on it...

So, do any of you know what I could expect for the car? I understand it's hard without actually seeing it but here's a description..

93 NX2000
-White
-5 spd
-All stock..the usual stuff (pw, pl, alloys, fogs, etc.)
-New muffler, starter, axles, rear brakes, timing tensioner, all usual tune-up things done
-Relatively rust-free (just surface rust, but I'll fix that soon)
-No 5th gear pop-out

Runs well! Don't know what else to describe..

Anyway any rough number would be appreciated. If I can get a decent amount I'll try posting it in trader....otherwise I'll probably just keep it. =)

-Pauley

·
Bad Banana
1,411 Posts
I paid $6000 for mine almost 3 years ago, and it was in perfect shape. Yours is in good shape and runs well. I think you should be able to get close to $4000 possibly.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
i think the sad reality is that everyone overestimates the value of their own car :sad:

i would say mid 2000's unless you held out for a long time or found someone who really wanted one. There is only NX2000 on autotrader and it's going for 1500 i think so it might be hard to ask for much more for a similar car. Why dont you take it off insurance, save some money and you'll love it that much more when yo go to drive it again

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
actually i might be looking for nx soon since my insrance renewal came in and is 740 a month for no reasons what so ****en ever where in toronto are you?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys..
Well if i could get $4000 for it i'd sell it...if it's much less i'll probably just keep it. I'll probably try and take a decent picture of it this weekend (hopefully the sun will come out) and put it up..and see if anything happens. If not, that's ok...i think it's only 30 bucks to advertise anyway.

3bip - yeah i live in waterloo, but i'm staying in burlington & working in oakville until the end of the month, then i'm moving back to waterloo. If you're still interested, lemme know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts