SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have searched, but I'm confuse, what do you think about using a bored MAF, staying all motor or going for the NOS route. How much HP does it give you?

thanks a lot.

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
SE-R_Tj said:
Hi, I have searched, but I'm confuse, what do you think about using a bored MAF, staying all motor or going for the NOS route. How much HP does it give you?

thanks a lot.

Zero.It alows you to run more hp .No gain at all.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
SE-R_Tj said:

thanks a lot.
None, I have tested 70mm MAF's on motors up to 170 hp and found no gain.

Mike

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to put a 125 shot of nitrous, so Do I need a bored MAF???

·
s13 frankenstein
3,483 Posts
SE-R_Tj said:
I'm going to put a 125 shot of nitrous, so Do I need a bored MAF???
i belive stock maf supports ~250 hp, so i'm guessing if the 125 shot puts you over that mark, than a bored maf would help, but than again, maybe not since like with a direct port setup, the nitrous is jetted right into the intake manifold and doesnt go through the maf. Someone care to chime in?

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
choaderboy2 said:
None, I have tested 70mm MAF's on motors up to 170 hp and found no gain.

Mike
Would it be correct to say that bored MAFs are only useful on forced induction DEs or VEs? :confused:

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
i belive stock maf supports ~250 hp, so i'm guessing if the 125 shot puts you over that mark, than a bored maf would help, but than again, maybe not since like with a direct port setup, the nitrous is jetted right into the intake manifold and doesnt go through the maf. Someone care to chime in?
This is the same as people saying you need larger injectors to run alot of nitrous.

THE ECU DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT THE NITROUS

It reads the air and adds fuel based on the motor without nitrous, the nitrous has nothing to do with the ECU, it's extra. The O2 sensor has no effect either, since when you are spraying, the throttle is at wide open and the therefore the engine is in open loop and does not listen to the O2 sensor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts