SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much do you think a midpipe would help me out? I know a little bit, but with cams and crap, should it not help out more? I do not wanna blow the money on something that does not help. was also thinking about the greddy, but got a price quote on one. no thanks. I was thinking about just going up to a local muffler shop and get a 2.5 crush bent piece of crap welded up. my engine still feels a little choked up..

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hold on, you work at Courtesy, and you're not considering one for their B-pipes? What gives. For the price, you can't beat it. I'm sure you get a discount, so buy one, and have it shortened.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Thought you were already running a full Courtsey exhaust(cat back). Or are you just using the muffler? Well go to se-r.net and go to the exhaust section. Eric dyno'ed the b-pipe with the stock muffler I think, or stillen don't remember which right now.

·
Registered
244 Posts
man, trust me, Greddy is worth every penny!!! I had a Greddy catback on my 95 delSol VTEC and it was sweeet!!! I had it for a year and It always looked like it was just installed the other day, and the tone it puts out is perfect, no backflow popping or kawasaki motorbike noise. I paid $550 plus installation. I never regreted buying that exhaust. so if you can afford it, go for it, you'll be happy you did.

Daniel K
93 NX2000

·
Registered
254 Posts
Brian,

Now that you have the cams, your motor is really ready for a full exhaust. When we placed my Courtesy muffler on Jacen's car(with stock mid-pipe), he gained 6whp, and all across the powerband. He has S3's.

When I added the complete Courtesy exhaust, my engine came to life over 5 grand, and I still have the stock cams. I can only imagine what it will do when I finally get some Tomei cams.....sigh...

CB

PS Your car WILL get louder, as the diameter of the Courtesy pipe is an inch larger than the stocker.

[This message has been edited by Chris Bryant (edited 01-30-2001).]

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I would really like to see a dyno of a full bolt-on car with the stock b-pipe compared to the same car with a good b-pipe. Such as Brian's car
(No NOS) Too bad you dont have a 98 JWT ECU. Maybe next millenium.

Brian, do you think you could do this dyno testing?

[This message has been edited by jacen99SE (edited 01-30-2001).]

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will see what I can do. I already have a b-pipe laying in the shed that was welded wrong when the shop tried to weld it off of the car. I do get the pipe cheaper, so I might just give it another shot. oh, and I don't have a full bolt on car. I don't have the p/s and alternator pullies

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">oh, and I don't have a full bolt on car. I don't have the p/s and alternator pullies</font>
Close enough. I know you're mainly joking, but remember that those are independent of airflow. So they aren't causing any restrictions like not having a header would.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya, I was joking, and hopefully I should have it welded up soon.

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts