-JWT ECU
-BBDET Manifold w/ custom 2.5" downpipe
-custom 2.5" exhaust
-370CC injectors
-Starion Intercooler
-DET BOV
-DET piping from TB to turbo.

Anything I missed?

How much power am I looking at for around 7-10psi? What is a good boost to run on a daily driver?

I also plan on getting a guage pod with boost gauge, and what else?

Also... Is it a necessity to have a turbo timer? If im not gonna be racing that much do I need a boost controller? I have a JWT Clutch, will that be ok for this setup?

TIA!

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
My Page

[This message has been edited by borguesian (edited 05-17-2001).]

·
Registered
263 Posts
Greg,

You are forgetting that you will definately need a clutch. Don't forget tapping the hole in the block, and all the little hardware and mounting peices you might need. Trust me it all adds up. I wanted to make a kit identical to yours, but I just don't have the funds right now as a high school student. If you can, save for a better Intercooler and 3 inch exhaust! It will be worth it for the power gains.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bah, I didn't read the bottom where it said you have the JWT clutch. It should hold if you keep the kit mild.
Turbo timer is not necessary, but you must idle down your car if you don't have one. Its up to you I guess. Sometimes you are gonna be in a hurry and be tempted to turn it off right away. Maybe it would be worth it to check SE-R/DSM/RX-7 forums and find a nice used one.
Electronic Boost controls are nice, but definately not a necessity, a mechanical one is cheap, and works great if you plan on keeping it at one boost level. Which I am sure you plan on doing.

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input! I agree with you on how the things add up, but I am doing this over at least a years time. I just bought my T25 turbo w/ 1k miles on it. Hopefully I will have it together before this time next year.

Anyone else have some input?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
You don't need a boost controller unless you want more power. The mechanical wastegate you have is set at 7psi and there's nothing you can do about it unless you get a separate boost controller.

Mounting stuff? What little bits of mounting stuff?
My IC piping is held on by the IC, turbo, bumper, and throttle body only.

The fat hose that goes from the BOV to the intake can be difficult to find. I looked at all the radiator hoses Pep Boys had behind the counter, and I found 1 good one that would work. The stock DET one I had was #1 too short for my custom application and #2 hard as a rock from age and use.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you serious... u don't have any of your tubes mounted? Any other tips you have for me Ben? What kind of intercooler do you have Ben?

[This message has been edited by borguesian (edited 05-18-2001).]

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Greg, go with the 3" exhaust. Terry Vincent (SE-R list member) put down 205(?) to the wheels with a similar setup and a 3" exhaust at 6 pounds of boost. His car is freakin awesome!

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I am pretty much planning on going with 3" mandrel bend cat back now. I already bought a custome 3" mandrel bend downpipe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts