SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright looks like I am gonna sell my Classic SE-R. I don't really want to but I have an Acura Integra I wanna work on. I haven't lost hopes of 300-400hp though and I know that I don't get any good answers on any of the honda-acura boards lately and what I wanted to know is about how much I will be spending to have my open deck B18a block decked with iron sleeves? Can't get a straight answer anywhere else and I know that this isn't an issue with SR20 blocks but I thought maybe someone would know anyways. Thanks for an replies in advance...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Nexidus said:
Alright looks like I am gonna sell my Classic SE-R. I don't really want to but I have an Acura Integra I wanna work on. I haven't lost hopes of 300-400hp though and I know that I don't get any good answers on any of the honda-acura boards lately and what I wanted to know is about how much I will be spending to have my open deck B18a block decked with iron sleeves? Can't get a straight answer anywhere else and I know that this isn't an issue with SR20 blocks but I thought maybe someone would know anyways. Thanks for an replies in advance...
to give you an idea of what you have to pay for a 400hp honda engine.

We talked to John Brown at Moroso weds. and he said he just built a yellow Type R with 403hp at the wheels.
Price tag= $15000 .....yes theres 3 zeros
Oh and thats just for the engine and labor (the car's extra) and it only ran mid 12's.

They also had a white 94 hatch with a B16A2 that they were selling for $11500 it ran high 13's with 192hp to the wheels.
And there only selling it that cheap because of course its there car and they didnt have to pay for labor.

And your probably looking at $2000 for sleaves and labor to put them in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
se-r all the way

1 ) it all ready comes with a closed deck engine
2 ) you can get manafolds cheap
3 ) the bottom end is pritty strong ( and can be made stronger )
4 ) parts are not that exspensive comparitivly
5 ) its a nissan ( be dif )
6 ) one word sleeper !!!!!!!
ok thats just my imput !! do what you want but dont leave us !! ok!!:(
 

·
Not on fire... yet
Joined
·
591 Posts
15K of work for 403hp???.....maybe for that car.

300-350 Hp is a bit more resonable without even decking the block on some B-series motors. A good friend of mine has a B16a (in a 2nd gen teg) with a straight T3 on it, At about 10-12 psi it will break 300hp (wheel) rather easily. the motor hasn't been touched internally at all and it doesnt run a stand alone yet, but he plans for one pretty soon (Hondata?) just to be on the safe side.

Price wise, the SR20 will make the big power (350+) alot cheaper than having to build a B series motor. Pricing to get either motor to 300-330 HP is pretty close though. Just remember that the B series is ALOT more delicate at that level of boost due to its constuction. Also the motors feel and act COMPLETLEY different the SR20 being brute and the B series being smooth. If you want more of a comparison then email me and I can get you more info.
Hope this helps out......

-Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
RacerX said:
15K of work for 403hp???.....maybe for that car.



Price wise, the SR20 will make the big power (350+) alot cheaper than having to build a B series motor. Pricing to get either motor to 300-330 HP is pretty close though. Just remember that the B series is ALOT more delicate at that level of boost due to its constuction.

-Andy
So you can make 300hp with a B18B1 (non vtec) just as easily and as cheap as an SR20???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks andy for the help

I think 300hp is very reasonable. Past that I don't know if I will want to worry about my car every second of the day to push the 400+hp mark. Plus it will be a daily driver.

I would like to point one thing out about this post and that is I CAN'T BELIEVE how many people basically ignored my question on top of the fact trying to convince me to keep the SE-R and mod that. That wasn't the question though just like all the honda boards I post on that is the typical response to such a question so I won't push that point.

It's cool though I have already second guessed selling my Classic because I own it outright unlike the Integra and it's really fun to beat to hell....unlike the integra. Oh well if anyone has any ideas yet just in general what people have payed to have a block decked let me know. I see one person said $2000. Anyone else heard of it done cheaper? Other than that thank you to the people that responded. Even the ones that didn't answer the question are swaying me to keep the SE-R so that can't hurt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
I just finished helping build a fast Honda about 1 month ago. We ended up NOT resleeving it because of money issues, but we did get the car to run VERY well with what we had. The car is ready to run 10's and we didn't even do as much as what most Honda guys have had to do in the past to run the same numbers.

I made a webpage for it:

www.b18bomber.freeservers.com/b18bomber.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Re: thanks andy for the help

Nexidus said:

. Oh well if anyone has any ideas yet just in general what people have payed to have a block decked let me know. I see one person said $2000. Anyone else heard of it done cheaper? .
My neighbor was quoted $1000 installed for a D16 SOHC as long as he brought the block in completely stripped and ready to be worked on.
 

·
Enemy of the stupid
Joined
·
4,727 Posts
sweet

Nice build up. I like :D


APEXSER said:
I just finished helping build a fast Honda about 1 month ago. We ended up NOT resleeving it because of money issues, but we did get the car to run VERY well with what we had. The car is ready to run 10's and we didn't even do as much as what most Honda guys have had to do in the past to run the same numbers.

I made a webpage for it:

www.b18bomber.freeservers.com/b18bomber.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Re: sweet

Yellow4g63 said:
Nice build up. I like :D


Thanks! It was my 1st chance at trying to build a high 11 second Honda that is now pushing high 10's!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top