SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to warp my stockers about every 6 months. I make sure to avoid wetting the rotors when washing my car. And my calipers are rebuilt. Still seem to warp em like clockwork. At least these things are cheap and easy to repair/replace.

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by norurb:
I seem to warp my stockers about every 6 months. I make sure to avoid wetting the rotors when washing my car. And my calipers are rebuilt. Still seem to warp em like clockwork. At least these things are cheap and easy to repair/replace.</font>
What rotors do you buy?
There is a serious manufacturing problem cause I still have the stockers and I wet them bad boys all the time.

------------------
and me and my wife

-

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
When I had the stock SE-R brakes, I never warped them, even on track. I cracked them. Since I changed to the NX2000 brakes, no problem.

One of the biggest things you can do is when you're in stop and go traffic, or have otherwise used the brakes a bunch, don't sit still with the brakes on. You're really heating up one area of the rotor while the other parts cool. Warpage!

Also, others may disagree, but I have had good luck with cryo treating. My Eclipse would warp rotors in no time (3 months!!!) Since cryo treating, I have autocrossed them for 1 year, taken them on track twice, and driven 2 years on the street and they are as straight as the day I bought them.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Registered
765 Posts
I cracked the hell out of my stock rotors when I went to Colorado, but I upgraded to the NX2000 kit last week and hope I wont have to worry about it again!

·
Registered
450 Posts
No! Don't provoke him!

Just kidding Red! Party On!

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Not to be a smart ass but if you are warping your rotors vey often you might want to be sure the next time you take off you wheels to use a cross pattern when tightening the wheels back on. My 91 Classic just warped but the have probably been turned a 100 times and they are probably alot thinner than when they where new. This will aid in quicker warpage. NX2000 brakes in the near future will eliminate my problem I am sure

Darren

------------------
91 Classic running 9.6's in 1/8 W/ Header& PR CAI

·
Registered
883 Posts
If you tighten the **** on the lug nuts, that can help speed up rotor warpage

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts