SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I invest in some GC springs, will it be possible to get them as quiet as the stock springs? I know I can eliminte squeaking and what not with duct tape and grease, but it is possible to get them as quiet as stock springs?

Also, what would be a good spring rate for a nice compromise between handling and comfort? I usually see 300/200 recommended, but the usually goes along with lowering the car an inch. I'm planning on keeping it stock height in the back and maybe like .3 inches lower in the front just to even things out. I was thinking maybe around 250/200? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey Doug I've got some Eibach pro's 100 bux... I have the ground controls click,click,sqweek.and it didnt go any lower but the cool thing is I can raise it up..

------------------
91 SE-R Stillen header,HKS/Greddy catback,Nology coil/wires,ACT clutch,Clutch Masters flywheel,CAI,Energy motor mounts,Stillen S/T shifter and still not fast enough...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you wrap them in duct tape and grease everything up to help with the squeeking?

The only reason I am getting these springs is so that I can mantain the stock ride height, so that is the problem with the Prokits. I don't see why some company can't make stiffer springs without changing the length!

·
Registered
166 Posts
not duct tap it looks like **** when i show it.so i used clear shampoo bottles between the spring and shaft and greese on the bushings and plate..

------------------
91 SE-R Stillen header,HKS/Greddy catback,Nology coil/wires,ACT clutch,Clutch Masters flywheel,CAI,Energy motor mounts,Stillen S/T shifter and still not fast enough...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts