SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get this off to get it re-surfaced and when I try to get the nuts the whole flywheel just rotates? Am I retarded or is there another way to get this damn thing off? TIA

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
I just resurfaced my flywheel...what I did: I stuck a flathead between the bottom (or anywhere around the tranny) of the tranny and the flywheel and basically held the flathead up so it can catch a piece (little teeth of the flywheel) so it would stop moving and with my other hand I loosened the bolts.

Manny

·
"Keep firing, Assholes!"
796 Posts
yeah, just jam it up with something if you don't have air tools. get a buddy to help you.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I use a wrench or socket on the crank pulley bolt and use the floor to hold it if the engine is out of the car. I've never had a problem doing it that way although sometimes I have to sit on the engine if the bolts are really on there. If the engine is still in the car you can do the same thing b/c it will start to hit part of the car and that will hold it.

jacen99SE said:
Have someone hold the crank pulley bolt to keep it from turning

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will try later on today, I just have never taken the flywheel off and it seems whenever I try what you guys are suggesting I break SOMETHING. Results coming later tonight................

·
just workin'
1,345 Posts
you can go buy a tool at auto zone if you don't want to spend alot of money on it, it is made espically for holding the flywheel when you don't use an impact gun to take off the flywheel bolts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts