SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need more suspension travel. I'm all over the bumpstops. My current setup is AGX shocks, CG coilovers (350/250) lowered ~3/4 inch and Cusco camber plates.

Options that I know of:
-raise ride height
-GC camber plates which mount on top of shock tower giving you an inch more travel.
-Shortened shocks

I don't want to raise the ride height anymore.
The GC camber plates are the least expensive option. But I have heard the bolts have a tendency to loosen up and make the camber go all funky while driving. Anyone have GC plates and care to comment?

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Registered
708 Posts
I know that SCC put the GC camber plates on their project car and highly recommend them. I saw the car run at our Lone Pine Time trials in March and that car was unbelievable in how it handled. With a loosy high speed course it was a good 7-8 sec faster than my stock SE-R.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey slowser, how much did you get the GC plates for. I was thinking about getting the $tillen set up but I would rather get the GC ones.

------------------
92'XE/w-Primera swap
NOS fed now!!!

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by enjoyDride:
Hey slowser, how much did you get the GC plates for. I was thinking about getting the $tillen set up but I would rather get the GC ones.</font>
Around $350.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Wouldn't it be possible to add lockwashers in to keep the bolts from coming loose?

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
I haven't had that much problem with the GC camber plates. The top nut sometimes comes a little loose but never during an event. Usually clunks on the speed bumps in my parking lot, so I know it's time to tighten them (and it's mostly the passenger-side nut that gives me problems).

The only real problem I have with Ground Control is their customer service. Every time I call there, I'm shaking my head when I hang up the phone. I'm still waiting on camber plates that I ordered at the beginning of June for the '91. "They'll be out by the end of the week." Yeah, which week??!
Glad I'm not itching to get the car on the track anytime soon.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I need more suspension travel. I'm all over the bumpstops. My current setup is AGX shocks, CG coilovers (350/250) lowered ~3/4 inch and Cusco camber plates.
Options that I know of:
-raise ride height
-GC camber plates which mount on top of shock tower giving you an inch more travel.
-Shortened shocks</font>
Is it the front, back, or both that is bottoming out? You could get stiffer rear springs (300) and the AGX should be OK (according to other, more knowledgable people than myself).

Or get the Koni bumpstops for a less "shocking" bumpstop.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">s it the front, back, or both that is bottoming out?</font>
Front. Back is fine.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys are pretty much confirming what I already suspected: There's no new ways to get more suspension travel that doesn't involve the handing over of a few Ben Franklins. The GC camber plates seem to be the least expensive option. Shortend shocks would be great, but at ~$400 a pop, that's too rich for me right now. Plus the AGXs are doing great.

So, me and my little SE-R will be at VIR tomorrow and all weekend playing with Vipers. See you guys Monday.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have the motivational shortened front struts and the rear plates and Eibach sportlines. I can't tell you the last time i bottomed out. I've had them on since the beginning of June and the car hasn't bottomed out. The struts were like ~$230 each and the plates were 80 each. The guy said the factory travel would be restored.

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.

[This message has been edited by Bwilsor (edited 07-19-2001).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts