SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a HS CAI off a forum member which had a fitting added to it for a NOS nozzel. I dont have NOS so I need to plug up the hole, its about a 1/2-3/4inch hole. I think Im gonna use some duct tape till I have time to do something more perminant.
Anyone have suggestions for a permanant solution?

·
Registered
124 Posts
i would just leave it. theres this stuff that my company uses to put in windshields(urethane) it holds 4800lbs per square inch. but its very messy.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
leave a hole in the intake tube after the MAF, that will make the car run like crap. The fitting was a tube it was not welded on, just had two nuts holding it to the tube.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok the fitting that was in the intake was a tube that was threaded on the inside and out side. The tube was held onto the intake by 3/4inch nuts one on the outside of the intake and the other on the inside. If I get a bolt or something like that to put in the fitting I will still have a 3/4 nut on the inside of the intake tube. I am trying to plug the hole without there being any obstruction inside the intake.

·
Registered
124 Posts
in that case, i would try the urethane from a windshield replacement store. But it needs to sit at least 24hrs after use. Or just keep the duct tape handy;)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is Quick Steel and where can I get it? Is it just like JB Weld?

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Just put some tape over it. I have a MAF adapter on my car that's made for a 95+ up SR20 with the Intake Air Temperature sensor, and I just put some duct tape over it. It's never came loose...ever.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
found quick steel at Kragen, I will look into long term solutions. Bought some hose tape for short term, but the hole is bigger than a temp sensor hole so I think tape will not hold as well.

·
Wants Primera Race Motor
2,390 Posts
i had to use my cai off of my black car for my green one.
i just wrapped e-tape around the hole, works fine. doesnt look the best, but screw it.. im goin turbo...

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
yeah, 1/2 or 3/4 inch is about the same size as the temp sensor. Why spend more money if you dont have to? Just duct tape it and be done, it will work fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts