SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was there ever a solution to the speed limiter being removed easily on jdm motors (i mean without buying a delimiter)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just buy a delimiter you tight git ;) :D there only £80 from Martin Bell and simple to fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its ok i got a hks one for 20 quid lol
so i should be delimited tomorrow night then its just teh rev limiter to stop me LOL

·
Registered
825 Posts
ashills said:
its ok i got a hks one for 20 quid lol
so i should be delimited tomorrow night then its just teh rev limiter to stop me LOL
Ive been looking into getting one of these. Are they hard to install and do they work?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Crim said:
unplug your speedo sensor.... now if Only i could figure out how to wire my electronic speedo-sensor into my craptastic NX1600 digital dash
What just unplug my speedo from the tranny or what?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Crim said:
thats odd... Everything I've read online said thats how you could do it. Plus my car definatly doesn't hit a speed limitor (tested on a dyno of coarse ;) ) and I have a BB ecu
Yep I took the speedometer cable out of the tranny and ran it up the interstate. As soon as it hit 115 Im assuming it was like letting off the gas and hitting the brake! So it for sure didnt work on my car.

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
Hmmmm. My 93 Sentra GXE with lousy 1.6L hits the lilmiter at around 118mph. I am assuming that is because the GXE is made in America, because my 93 Egg with the SR20 in it was made in Japan. I have reached 142 mph on the Egg on a VERY, VERY LONG stretch of Interstate in Florida and still haven't hit the speed limiter. So I am guessing the either the Japan-made cars don't have a limiter, or the previous only owner (old grandma) had the limiter taken out, which I doubt very seriously. I know for a fact that pulling the speedo cable out doesn't work for the Sentra, becuase 93 and later cars have the Electric Speed Sensor called the VSS(vehicle speed sensor). Maybe pulling out the speedo cable only works for the pre-93 cars with an actual cable drive system, but then you won't know how fast you are going.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
i have done 134 inmy 93 se-r though

·
Registered
695 Posts
1.6L cars where limited to 118MPH and so is the 240SX and all JDM cars. My SE-R never had a speed limiter, I remember reaching redline in 5th turboed many times at 8K RPM in 5th on a G20 tranny.

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
ringgold said:
Yep I took the speedometer cable out of the tranny and ran it up the interstate. As soon as it hit 115 Im assuming it was like letting off the gas and hitting the brake! So it for sure didnt work on my car.
weird... wonder why my ECU doesn't have a speed limiter. I thought the bluebird ECU's had a 109 speed limiter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts