SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a internal distributor be wired into a B13 External setup?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant to say can a external coil set-up be wire to work with an internal coil distributor. my bad

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot bro but i was looking for a way to use a internal coil distributor on a external distribor car such as the B13.

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
I would think so... Completly unrelated, but might support my idea that you can...

My friend has a JDM honda H22, which comes w/ an internal coil pack. The USDM H22's come w/ external. You can go either way, wire internal to work w/ an external and vice versa. Its just a matter of pulling off the distributor cap and cover, and either unplugging a wire, or soldering in an extra wire.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Can you not just swap the low-port and high-port distributors to get what you want?

Will either swap work? internal into High-port, or external into Low-port?

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
I was debating whether I should bump this or start a new thread, but since someone already provided the document I'm looking at, I may as well just post here.

I was reading JWT's technical documents and I saw this:
http://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf/DISTRIBUTOR SR KA CHANGE CAR TO EXT COIL AND TRANSISTER.PDF

I'm considering doing it on my car since I'm a fan of external coils. I was wondering 2 things: Will I see any advantages by switching to this? especially b/c I'm going high-compression in the near future. Is there a more powerful OEM-replacement coil I can use with this setup? MSD is overkill for an N/A setup as far as I know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts