SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have 1988 b12 sunny that had a ga16de 12valve and I swapped a 99 p11 SR20DE with non-CVT LSD A/T in it.
I would like to get any diagrams or wiring, ecu pin outs, wire codes, full info to get this engine functioning correctly.

Thanks very much

·
Registered
7 Posts
Almost all SR20 ECU pin outs are the same. I referenced the S15 pinout when doing my avenir swap in a B14 at JDM ECU Pinouts - Wiring Specialties

Once the engine harness is intact you should be able to get through without too much headache. Using the 2 under dash harness connectors (next to ECU plug) these are the connections I made:

P46 white/blue - ECU back up power (constant 12V)
P36 white/red - ignition signal (switched 12V)
P32 white/red - vehicle speed sensor (to instrument panel on B14)
P111 red/yellow - 02 heat trigger
P19 white - 02 input
P2 yellow/black - tachometer (to instrument panel)
P104 black/pink - fuel pump
P24 blue - check engine light
P35 green/orange - park neutral
P34 white/black - start signal
P45 brown/white - auto trans signal
P41 blue/orange - AC switch (may not need on B12 if originally carburetor)
P11 green/yellow - AC relay (same as above)
P9 green/yellow - cooling fan relay 2 (high speed)

I am using manual transmission but included the auto connections I found. Left out the avenir specific bits like the boost solenoid connection etc. If it's a cable type auto you should be good to go. If it's electronic I don't have a pin out for the auto ECU. To start the engine you should just need the start signal, backup power and ignition signal connected and of course the grounds. Once the harness is intact you just need to make proper ground connections from chassis to engine and you will be good with the ground connections..

If connecting the consult port (OBD1). Not necessary but you can buy a cheap consult scanner and use ECU talk to scan the ECU.
P7 green/black - receive (consult)
P15 grey/blue - transmit (consult)
P23 green/yellow - data (consult)
P14 green/white - clock synchronization signal (was missing and not required on avenir)

Accessory harness in engine bay (not sure if this is the same for non turbo) but included it as it may be helpful:
red/yellow - alternator load wire
red - alternator signal wire
black/yellow - starter wire
blue/red & white/red- switched 12v for Idle valve
yellow/red - water temp
purple/red - oil sending unit
black - ground connection
On the avenir harness the 02 sensor connection was separate from the main engine harness and had to be wired in manually:

Harness plug Sensor plug
red/yellow - white connect to pin 111
white - black connect to pin19
brown/yellow - white connect to switched 12V for power

Another connection that had to be made directly was the power steering idle up switch. The power and ground comes from the engine harness and just needs to be connected directly to your power steering switch.

The only issue I encountered was a coil power problem for the disty but I believe that was an avenir specific issue, the non turbo SR has a different distributor. I made a post over at trinituner about it.

The wire colours may be different but the pin outs should be the same. Use a multimeter, check continuity and double check all your connections before applying power and connecting ECU and you should succeed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
b14 is not the same as b12

I am interested as well. How to properly connect n14 sr20de wiring to sunny coupe b12 body. Maybe someone has the information? Sorry for my poor english :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
b14 is not the same as b12

I am interested as well. How to properly connect n14 sr20de wiring to sunny coupe b12 body. Maybe someone has the information? Sorry for my poor english :)
The B14 and B12 harness are indeed not the same but you just have to match the SR20 wires to the relevant wire on your B12.

If the car was originally carb, you will have to run wires for power to the ECU and fuel pump. Almost all power and ground to sensors are supplied from the ECU so you just need to supply the ECU with the appropriate power to turn on. There are a couple sensors that take power externally from the ECU harness which you will have to provide individually such as the 02 and Idle valve.

All ground connections on the ECU harness are grounded to the back of the intake manifold. Grounding wise, you just need to supply proper ground from engine/tranny to chassis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts