SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
im a previous owner of a 5th gen hatch (92-95) so im guessing the two will be similar. however, the Si models of the hatches has a rear sway and some other goodies I believe.

anyways, having only owned the classic for 1 week, i cant tell you much. i dont race and havent gotten to know this car well.

having never driven a real sports car hard, i dont have a basis for comparison. one thing i can tell you though is that it has "good composure." its not as "sharp" as i thought it would be but the car keeps its cool around the corner. twist&turn. twist the steering wheel and the car turns, minimal body roll, no fighting back. i contribute alot of this to the rear anti-sway bars.

the civic hatchbacks on the other hands are *really* light. they weigh in at around 2200-2300lbs so you really get a better "feel" for the car. stock though... the small tires will put up a fight and im guessing it'll really suck at the slalom and skidpad (it is an economy car after all...)

ill say that SE_R wins here... but with minor suspension mods combined with their lightweight those things wont be taken down easily...

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sheabird:
Stock and with suspension. Can they compete with a 4th gen civic('88-'91) hatch??? Thanks, shea.</font>
On an autocross probally not. That double wishbone suspension with practically coilovers is a killer suspension. I think the 88-91 were the best handling Civics out there. Although a lot of people would say the 3rd gen even with solid axle were better.
Power for power the classic wins hands down. But from driving the two, the Civic is the handling winner.

[This message has been edited by Pretty White (edited 04-20-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts