SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was looking at some jwt cams.....just wondering if i installed them, will i gain top end power and lose low end? or what? the cams are 'sr20de 260 billet cam set', whatever that means....? any thought?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Which cams were you looking at?
The JWT S3s are the best all around cams. Good power down low, pulls hard to fuel cut.

The S4s gain a little more power on top, but lose some torque, relative to the S3s,on bottom.

The C-Series cams are a WAY more aggressive grind than the S-Series. Those require Special valve springs, and Titanium retainers.
There are three C-Series cams.
C1. IIRC, developed for turbo'd SR20s.
C2. Street/Strip cams. Sacrifices some low end torque, for top end HP. These cams will give you a lopey idle.
C3. The monsters! These were meant to be "track only". However they can work on the street. Like the C2s, C3s will lose torque on the bottom end. But will make even MORE HP on top. These cams enabled Rob Cadle's "Classic" SE-R to put down 160HP to the wheels! Without an ECU upgrade!

BTW, there are other cam manufacterers, JUN (which is right there with JWT as far as performance is concerned, but PRICEY!), Tomei, Toda, Comp Cams.

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000
SUBCULTURE'S 93 NX2000!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Will these cams pass emissions?</font>
JWT S-Series cams will pass. And from what Rob Cadle has posted on the SE-R mailing list, the C-Series will pass also.
I can't say for sure about the other brands.

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000
SUBCULTURE'S 93 NX2000!

[This message has been edited by Subculture (edited 09-28-2001).]

·
Registered
487 Posts
I got the S4's. I like them alot. Never tried the S3's, but I've never lost a race to an S3 equipped SE-R yet.

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel/Street Tires
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

1 - 7 of 7 Posts