SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I was just wondering what everyone's e-brake feels like when you pull it up. Mine used to require literally no effort to pull it up, and I liked that a lot. Now, it's not really tight but right in between being really stiff and fairly 'light'. I was just wondering if this means I need to do an adjustment. Hey...what's it supposed to feel like, anyway? I've driven B14's that usually have a tight or heavy feeling e-brake...I like it to feel light. I guess I'll mess with it tomorrow and see what I can do as far as adjustments go. What's your e-brake feel like? Ever adjusted it?

·
SE-R Mana
759 Posts
My parking brake (commonly mistakenly called an emergency brake) is different on my two SE-Rs. One engages higher than the other but they still work the way it was designed, to lock the rear tires only when a vehicle is parked.

I doubt an alignment will affect the way the parking brake works. If you think the parking brake feels soft, the cables running from the parking brake handle to the rear calipurs may neet to be adjusted.

·
I <3 MILFS
859 Posts
I heard it is is supposed to click 8 times before it is fully engaged. Thats how I set mine and I like it a lot like that.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
*runs out to car and clicks ebrake, runs back in* phew, well i guess it feels...normal? about 9 clicks, effortlessly.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The way u can tighten the e-brake from what i understand is easily done by just holding your foot on the brake and lift and lower the e-brake handle until you think it is tight enough....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts