SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure but maybe theres someone else with the same mods or close to me. i figure im probably right at 145whp or so with my mods. i plan to add some s3's in about a week. but i would like to get a before and after. has anyone dynod with close to the same mods as me and then those mods plus s3's i figure with the s3's it should be around 158whp or so.

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
I would say you are in the low 140's now and will be low 150's after.

I had a 99 SE-L that had cai,header,ur pullies,exhaust,Tomei cams and netted 153hp.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
Do you just have a cone filter with the stock intake pipe, or an aftermarket pipe from the TB to the MAF?

Also, what generation header? If it's the second gen (4-1) Stillen, youre pretty much not going to break 140WHP no matter what.

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no actually my stillen header is the first generation header. it looks like its a pretty good design. its a 4-2-1 design. and the primaries are decent size. and they are matched to fit the port shape comming out of the head then they go to round. yeah i know its old. but hey im not complaining. it does the job and well. im sure i would get a couple more hp by going with the 5th gen hotshot header. but this design looks pretty good. and i plan to go turbo so i dont see any point. and my whole exhaust is very smooth, its a custom 2 1/4" and there are no flanges whatsoever. they cut the flange off the header downpipe and enlarged the next pipe to slide over that and then enlarged it to 2 1/4" with a high flow cat and straight through muffler. loud but effective. lol. and my intake is just the stillen pop charger with stock tubing from the maf to throttle body. i do want to get that smoother pipe cuz i know that the stock tube sucks and is very rough and way too many obstructions in it. so i want to get just that section from a hotshot. or rather a weapon r. 3inch tube, smooth bend and so on. but any one will do the job and smoothen things up a bit. not to mention make the bay look a little better. so yeah i just have the pop chager filter. yeah ive heard that the second gen stillen headers suck, but mine is the first gen. its been on there for a while and it does the job.

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
My SE-R with JDM SR20 with HS WAI/HS Header/2.5 inch exhaust/ ur pullies put down 146whp. I later added S4 cams and the car dynoed 159.8 whp

I only ran my car once with 159.8 whp and I ran a very shitty time due to poor 60 foot times but I trapped 96 mph.

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sure did. have the slips to prove it. i did 3 14.5's that night. several 14.6's and couple 14.7's. got like ten runs in that night. i have recently added a spec stage 2 clutch and man does it grip. and also some falken azenis. those are the stickiest tires i have ever had. on the streets just practicing. i used to launch at no more than 3500 and i would spin good and any kind of gas while spinning would just blow the launch because it would burn the tires. i tried to do that same launch on these new tires to get used to them and booooggggg. so i now have to launch at like 5000rpm and keep the rpms there and i can get an awsome launch. some wheelspin but the thing just pulls hard as its spinning the tires. i can be giving it half throttle while its spinning and the tires will still fully catch soon after i get going. and i just hold the rpm's at 5k and then once the tires fully catch and im up to speed its all over. its a completely different launch. i love these tires. my 0-60 best is 6.1 and i could still do better. i guess im just a good driver. i do shift really really fast. and i also have some weight reduction. no a/c of any kind. no spare and jack, and no front bumper support because of my front bumper i have on. so i dont know. i guess thats a good time. after the cams im hoping to hit maybe a 13.9. they said my trap speed is good for 14.2 or so with good traction which i now have so i think with the cams i should be able to reach that goal.

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the compliments guys. yeah the biggest thing that added a higher trap speed to my quarter was running with my tires at 32psi in front and 29psi in back instead of 22psi in front and 25psi in back, and it didnt even hurt my launch and now i have even stikier tires. i figure with the practice without even heating the tires, at the track when i heat the tires and make them even stickier i could pull probably a 2.0 or so 60' which will greatly help the whole quarter. thats with the tires set at 32psi in front.

but yeah the only other things i plan to do before i go turbo is to get the first part of the intake tube for a better smoother flow which should help a tiny bit. and the s3's. i dont have any dyno close to here or i would have probably already dynod it. but yeah everyone is pretty impressed at my times for my mods and especially because i have no turbo, no nitrous and im sitting there embarassing mustang gt's and z28's and turbod imports. and stuff like that. so im happy. i cant imagine how its going to be like when i go turbo and hope to run down around 13.2 or so or better. and just the sound is awsome alone but cant match the speed of it. but thanks again. oh and setting my tires to that higher psi without any other mods and actually on a not as cold night as before i went from a 93mph trap to the 96mph. just something to think about to try out. it was great. then on a dry very cold night thats when i had my highest 96.5mph trap speed.

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh yeah and i figure with the s3's that i should trap around 98-99mph and maybe just maybe hit my 13.9 in the quarter. start whoopin up on even more turbo'd cars.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
thw S4s have more overlap than the S3s. That is to say, both the intake and exhaust valves are held open at the same time. Why is this a problem? With a small turbo like a T25 or T28 it's going to create on hell of a lot of backpressure. Like more than the pressure of the intake charge. So basically the combusion chamber won't fully empty of exhaust and fill with incoming air. This will cause it to lose power and detonate.

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah that 60' would be very good for a fwd car especially on street tires. but these tires have like twice the grip if not more than my old street so called performance tires. lol. and the way i launch is way different on these tires than before. i have to launch at like 4500-5k rpms and i feather out the clutch quickly and i get some wheel spin but just feathering it enought to keep the rpm's around 5k or so while the car just takes off even with the little bit of wheelspin. i just did another 0-60 tonight and again my best with my old tires on was 6.2 and now i got it down to 6.03 and i know i can still do a little bit better. 5.9 or so. and that is withought the cams. its all because i can launch the car twice as hard and fast as before. my best 60' on my old tires was 2.23 or something like that. so i know i can pull that 2.0 60' on these tires. man i love these tires. its a whole new ball game. and yeah ive heard that the s3's are the best for turbo application and you get the more low end torque than the s4's and just not quite as much high end power. which is like 2hp less than the s4's or something like that. and they still pull hard all the way to redline and dont die up top like with the stock cams in. so i decided to go with them. wish me luck, i will be going not tommorrow but next friday. well if the guy doesnt come over to help with my body work i will be going to tommorrow if the weather is good. so wish me luck, so ill see what i can pull with these new tires. i really think i can pull that 60' with these tires.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts